Sign in to follow this  

88' Rm250 mysterious problem, need help.

heres my issue: i have a 1988 rm250, bought it over the winter in hopes of having a dirt bike for this riding season, it was a fixer-upper, replaced almost everything.  i go to start it and it bogs..not just your tweak the air screw or replace a jet kinda bog, i mean this thing the second i put on the gas, bogs like crazy.  so i did some debugging put the stock jets back in it and it still bogged like crazy. so i switch my mikuni tm carb for a keihin air striker carb and tuned that a little and the bike still bogs like i did nothing to it!!  Guys i really need help with this, ive done a leak down test 100% sealed up. Compression is 155 is this just one of those things were the bike dosent run and you just dont know why?? 

Really frustrated right now 

i have absolutely no idea why its doing this! i have 1500 in it and im about to just sell it and take my losses, unless someone knows what in hells name is the issue.

Please help!

Edited by kyle5647

i did a leak down on everything and its bogging like its drowning

Check your Reeds?

Enough Fuel getting in your bowl?

Oil seperation?

Good Fuel/Air/Good Fire - that's about it

So i check everything you guys said and i found my reeds were really flymsee (close enough) so i assume there bad and check choke and it turned out the choke needle was screwed all the way in had no idea keihin carbs had that feature lol