Sign in to follow this  

HELP ! looking for a FMF spark arrestor 48mm O.D.

I have a Wings Exhaust ( slip on can) that came with a db killer/spark arrestor and is still super quiet. I did remove it, and is louder, but not to loud or obnoxious.  

I'm looking for a spark arrestor that has a 48mm O.D., I did find one on ebay from fmf that would work, but lost the auction. I think the part # was 040261  or 040638  or 040683.....I called FMF and to my astonishment! they had know clue.  A Power Core 4 or 4.1 should have a 48mm I.D. that will accept it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

I just went through the same thing with my Leo Vince exhaust. I know it's gonna sound funny, but here was my solution: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/stainless-steel-tea-ball-infuser-2-diameter/922TBI20.html I bought one at my local hardware store, tapped it down in the hole (~1-2mm interference fit) and put a bead of high temp silicone around it. You can put it between the mid pipe and the can and it will stay put all on it's own. Meets USDA spark arrestor requirements and you get 2 of them (splits in half) for a couple bucks.