Sign in to follow this  

Coolant on oil filter

Hey does anyone know what's wrong with this, the bike has 10.8 hours on rebuild and I just went and changed the oil it looked really black with tiny bit of grey in it and then changed the oil filter and it had coolant on it a little bit so could this mean I need a new water pump rebuild kit or something else? Thanks

That would happen if you have a blown head gasket. Thats odd that it would blow after 10 hours of a rebuild. Did you torque the head blots to the right spec?

That would happen if you have a blown head gasket. Thats odd that it would blow after 10 hours of a rebuild. Did you torque the head blots to the right spec?

Won't over-revving also blow it, even if the bolts are torqued to the right spec?

Is this the first oil change since the rebuild? I am having the same problem on my kx450f. I replaced all gaskets in the top end, but still leaked once I filled all the fluids. Now I'm thinking it's the WP oil seal. If not, guess I pull the top end apart again and check to make sure the head isn't warped.