Sign in to follow this  

Renthal Orange Sprockets?

I need to purchase some new chain and sprokets for my 150 in a few months and was looking to get a cost. I was considering getting a orange renthal.

Looks like the ktm hardparts/powerparts lists a different brand? Is it possible to get the orange renthals, I thought they were a ktm order part only?

Cheers

forget that advice the faster wearing out, pretty parts are a much better economic stimulus for the rest of us. sarcasm aside if you want to have a gorgeous bike just get comfy with blowing money. for people who actually ride, the ironman sprockets are it.

Cheers guys. Main reason I want renthal is because they are lightweight.

How many hours are you getting out of the standard chain and sprockets? My 150 has 18 hours on it and don't think they will get me much past 20.

edit* I only run standard chains

Edited by WalterS

Cheers guys. Main reason I want renthal is because they are lightweight.

How many hours are you getting out of the standard chain and sprockets? My 150 has 18 hours on it and don't think they will get me much past 20.

edit* I only run standard chains

20 hours is normal for most weekend warier type riders using aluminum sprockets like Renthal. Plan on new chain and sprockets in that range if you stay aluminum. Iron man sprockets are around 4 to 5 ounces heavier, but it's negligible for most of us and still a good bit less than steel. However, if you use ironman sprockets you'll notice you'll get not only more longevity out of your sprockets, but your chain as well. Chains get torn up significantly faster once your sprocket begins to get notches in the teeth. Those notches are a primary cause for chain stretch and what causes chains to go out of tolerance much faster.. With ironman sprockets, I average about 50% more chain life and I only replace my iron man sprockets....ah well I don't even know since I still have my original iron mans on my two bikes and they both have 65 hours on the sprockets and barley have any noticeable wear.

Go get the orange Renthal if you want the looks and need the weight savings, otherwise go dirt tricks!

So, you save a few ounces going to a full aluminum sprocket over a Dirt Tricks, yeah! I have a DT with 200hrs on it so far.... Seems like a smart choice all around for the DT sprocket. It looks better and lasts nearly 10x longer.

Way too much disposable income out there....

I wouldn't recommend Renthal sprockets to anyone. Way back in the day my yz80 ate through them quickly and more recently I tried them a second time on a yz250 I had and they didn't last worth a damn. I have better luck with Tag but want to try the Ironman next time. My buddy has one on a 450 that has been on forever and looks great.