Sign in to follow this  

Rear Lift Strap for KTM XCW 300

Hi - 

I discovered the Moose rear lift strap will not work for the 13 KTM XCW 300.  Does anyone have a brand they would recommend that would be compatible?  

I'm not sure what the differences are with the 13 and 14. I just put the lift strap on my 14 300 XC-W today. I could take some pictures if it would help.

20140425_214242.jpg20140425_214311.jpg20140425_214430.jpg  If it's the same you'll need to use the thimble like spacers and the longer bolts.

Never understood the rear lift strap. It is a disadvantage since you get no leverage lifting from such a high point on the bike.

I just grab the rear fender! If you look at the pics above, KTM even put finger grooves there for us.

Edited by 4strokes_rule

I think the lift strap is great when you loose your bike off a steep trail... not that this has ever happend to me;) but you can tie a rope way easy to it.... the front one though is more important... I use the same strap as what was pictured...

Tugger also makes straps. Put one up front but haven't put one on the rear for the same reason that 4strokes_rule described.

Never understood the rear lift strap. It is a disadvantage since you get no leverage lifting from such a high point on the bike.

I just grab the rear fender! If you look at the pics above, KTM even put finger grooves there for

Yeah that works sometimes for sure but hard to lift upward when you are draging the bike up from downhill. Nice to have when the hand holds won't do .

Edited by aircop84

I made my own out of some tie down material from a freight train, my dad works for the railroad and they can only use the tie downs once. Just cut a length of a strap and poke some holes with a hot pick to run bolts through. I don't know why you are making it complicated.

Who's making complicated? I buy a premade strap that helps keep a local business going. You have access to an unlimited supply of straps and used your head to make some straps and save money. That's good too. Half the people on this forum offer their unsolicited opinion - nobody cares.

That's a good point. Exactly why I put the front one on, but now that you mention it, i've since found myself in situations where having a rear strap would have been nice for that type situation. Guess I'll add it to the list for my next parts purchase.

The straps are less for a vertical lift and come in handy when trying to pull the bike forward or rearwards, depending on the stuckage.

Okay SO GLAD I had this on my bike today. Would have been a nightmare without it after sliding off single track from the snow. Strongly recommend buying the Moose or make one if you ride trails.