Sign in to follow this  

2000 cr 125

Ok let's start with the fact I just rebuild the motor less then 10 hours ago ( on the motor) and I was riding it down a gravel road and it died I shifted down it started then died again so I am wondering what caused this I replaced the plug still won't start up if you have any tips let me know asap thanks.

I know this isn't ASAP. But you need to check for spark. Just hold the plug next to the engine off the cap so you don't get shocked, then crank the starter by hand and look. If you got spark then move on to fuel. Make sure you have gas in the tank and the breather tube is not clogged. Then Rebuild the carb or at least open up the bowl and spray out the jets and all visual passages. Since you already have the carb off look at the reeds and ensure they are all closed and seated against the body. Next move on to the air filter (doubt it is this) and just ensure it is not caked with mud restricting air flow. If all that is good, make sure compression is still good. A cr250 should have (but not needed to run) 185psi. I don't know the specs for a 125. I would think it would be close to the same numbers. Hopefully you will find something in that list and you can get it corrected. If you find something in that list and are unsure of how to correct it report back.

Chris