Sign in to follow this  

hot cams timing

does this look ok?  i've tried 2 times, and the horizontal marks will not line up with the head, but in the instructions it looks like they intentionally pictured them this way also. this is as close as i got.

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

Mkiv , how many miles do you have on your cam chain ? It could be stretched or you have the adjuster loose , but you do have the pin count right . These new hotcams are a bit different to the ones I bought in 2009 , greg

Mkiv , how many miles do you have on your cam chain ? It could be stretched or you have the adjuster loose , but you do have the pin count right . These new hotcams are a bit different to the ones I bought in 2009 , greg

hey, i put the stock ones back in. they line up perfectly, these hotcams don't. the lobes did not look right either. it's either a half-tooth back or forward. not a single picture of these new hotcams installed anywhere. i don't trust em.

Edited by mkiv

As already mentioned it's ok. I also went through this, and pulled them out several times before I noticed on the cam cards they actually show the dots angled.

Here are my HotCams instructions, if you notice on the last page you'll see the dots don't line up perfectly.

http://www.cdmfabrication.com/bbpics/bike/HotCams-DRZ.pdf

Just make sure you have the 15 pins and you should be good. I always put some tension on the chain, and then rotate the motor once, then check timing again.

• Like 1