Sign in to follow this  

01 YZ250f upgrades you guys would reccomend.

I have an 01 YZ250f and It has evolved quite a bit through the past year of owning it. I installed a normal sized gas tank, new bars, hot cams, cleaned the plastic and heat gunned them, new graphics, and routine maintenance. Bike runs fantastic, revs ultra quick and when the hotcams were installed the valves were perfect and internally the engine was very clean and healthy looking. Doesn't make any odd noises and runs awesome. But I still want some of your opinions that you guys would recommend, I don't have the biggest budget. If any complaints with the bike I wish the brakes had more stopping power.

Cheapest way to improve front brakes are Honda pads on the front. Seems like I put pads from an 04 crf450 on my 03 yzf and there was a very noticeable improvement. As far as other upgrades how do you use the bike - motocross, enduro, desert, trail riding, etc.? This will definitely determine the best additions. Clay

I put the Rocky Mountain Tusk over-sized front rotor kit on my 09 YZ250F and it made a big difference. I felt like it was money well spent.

Well I use it for trails and race my friends on tracks but I don't race I ride for fun and I'll look up both of those. Thanks!

I have an exhaust from a newer, I think 2010 wr250f on my bike.  It has a spark arrestor.  If you think your brakes aren't powerful enough I'd recommend bleeding the brake fluid first and changing to a metallic pad for more bite.  I've always thought the brakes on my 2001 where great.  I just replace the clutch actuator from a yz400f and really like that mod.  I just posted about it.

I'd save some money because if your going to ride it a lot, your going to break stuff and you'll need the $$$ to replace it.