Sign in to follow this  

ATK?

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=271459676470&alt=web

Anyone have any personal experience with these things? I've heard nothing but good things about Rotax but only hearsay. I love different, so came across this is my search. But, having always done "different" I know there is a price to pay and headaches that go along with it...hunting down parts, little or no support and the cost of things when you do find them. Kind of trying to weigh my options. I actually found a ATK 610 that seems a little ridiculous, lol. But, with the age of it, I can't imagine it making much more power, if any, than a newer 450.

ATKs are nice but weird. Their closest cousin is Maico, also weird. They are domestically built so I don't think parts availability is terrible but I'm sure the prices are. That countershaft -mounted brake rotor has a terrible reputation.

ATKs are nice but weird. Their closest cousin is Maico, also weird. They are domestically built so I don't think parts availability is terrible but I'm sure the prices are. That countershaft -mounted brake rotor has a terrible reputation.

That is a lot of bike to stop with the countershaft mounted rotor. I've seen a couple....unique....