Sign in to follow this  

2013-14 TE250

Looking for input.

My crusty old enduro buddies and I ride the most rocky, tightest, gnarliest single track we can find.

Although it's a 3 hour drive, I found a dealer with one 2013 and one 2014 in stock. Price seems fair, as the sales lady said they are asking $7500 for the 2014.

I only go about 165 lbs and I'm getting up there in age at 55. I can still hang with an A rider for a bit ( until I need to stop for a nap- lol) saying I'm a B rider is probably more accurate. Been riding/racing for a long time and I'm very familiar with dirtbike maintainance issues.

What do you have to say about this (a 2013 or 14 TE250) for me?

PS: The 2013 is only $200 less than the 14.

Husabergs are built for those tight and nasty trails. If you pick one up you will love it. Go for the 2014, they sorted the airbox cover tabs and made some changes to the suspension. Had my 2014 TE300 for three months now and am loving it. Went to a local enduro spot this afternoon. Last time was on by Beta 400RR and it almost killed me. The Husaberg made it so much easier

• Like 1

Yep get the 2014. I finally got mine out for the first time today. It was an atv poker run and I was the only bike and there was still snow in some spots.

But the bike never missed a beat.

Oh and I got that classic a dirtbike can't go through this. Funny when the only times I got stuck or held up was when atvs were stuck in logs. Lol

Edited by redwheeliemonster
  • Like 2

I have the 2014 TE300 and it's an amazing bike, light weight, all the power and torque you can ask for. My only bit of advice is get used to the brakes as fast as you can because they bite like a great white shark.

• Like 1

As stated, it's the 250 I'm interested in. They are asking $7500 + 350 freight and set-up

Obviously, I'll work at lowering that number.

Mind if I ask what you guys gave for your 2014... the 300 seems to run 200 - 300 more.

Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

John

As stated, it's the 250 I'm interested in. They are asking $7500 + 350 freight and set-up

Obviously, I'll work at lowering that number.

Mind if I ask what you guys gave for your 2014... the 300 seems to run 200 - 300 more.

Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

John

When they 1st hit California in August-September 2013 they were robbing people blind at $8400.00

• Like 1

2014 TE 300 I paid $7,600 OTD.......and from what I understand.....if you can find a 300 you better buy it befor it's gone..

I had the 2012 TE250 and it was a good bike. One thing I didn't like was the PDS shock setup. It gave the bike a stink bug stance and would kick and hop sideways when you hit something square edged at speed. It reminded me of the early Yamaha YZ monoshocks. They would do something we called the "Yamahop".

Your also being quoted way too high a price for a dead brand after this year.

I think because this is their last year, they've dropped their prices. Isn't the KTM XCW still over 8000?

You're 100 % right. Yeah the KTM is still up there but a little easier to make a deal on. The Berg was like PAY ME AND PAY ME NOW!

I've been converting MXers for 20 years. Man, this Berg is sweet! What was I thinking?

Flows through the woods and turns every bit as good as my RMs IMO. MUCH friendlier motor, not near as fast as the RM250, but hooks up SO much better.

Edited by 2-Strokes 4-ever

i paid 7800 OTD for my 2014 te250 about 3 months ago.

pretty fair plus i get 20% off OEM and 10% off aftermarket stuff for as long as i have the bike

i paid 7800 OTD for my 2014 te250 about 3 months ago.

pretty fair plus i get 20% off OEM and 10% off aftermarket stuff for as long as i have the bike

Nice deal on parts. This '14 Berg was the last in Missouri... 3.5 hour drive. I didn't push for a parts deal.

My local dealer that I've been dealing with for 20+ years only has Jap stuff, we still have 2 RMs. Even with the 20% off plus tax from them, I've found Rocky Mountain ATV/MC to be about the same end cost on aftermarket goodies.

The Berg has:

-Trail Tech exhaust manifold guard.

-Cf pipe guard.

-Moose rad guards.

-Michelin HD tubes.

-Flatland skid plate.

-JD Jet kit.

-Moose slave cyl guard.

$565

Edited by 2-Strokes 4-ever

I've been converting MXers for 20 years. Man, this Berg is sweet! What was I thinking?

Flows through the woods and turns every bit as good as my RMs IMO. MUCH friendlier motor, not near as fast as the RM250, but hooks up SO much better.

This X 69! :thumbsup: