Sign in to follow this  

Mods and jetting.

within the next 2 weeks il be picking up a 2014 drz400sm. Im new to jetting, never done it before. I plan on getting a two brothers slip on for it and doing the 3x3 airbox mod. how do i figure out what kind of jets il need? Il be mainly driving at sea level. 

within the next 2 weeks il be picking up a 2014 drz400sm. Im new to jetting, never done it before. I plan on getting a two brothers slip on for it and doing the 3x3 airbox mod. how do i figure out what kind of jets il need? Il be mainly driving at sea level. 

I can't help you with figuring out the jets you will need (im going to be doing that myself soon also) but maybe look at the master 3x3 post. and I believe most people would agree on maybe possibly waiting to buy a full exhaust system instead of a slip on to give you more benefits other than sound, just a recommendation, I have seen people say that a slip on wont give much power change.

Go for the full exhaust system and pick up the JD jetting kit. The JD jetting kit gives you the correct jetting information right out of the box. The instructions are fairly simple. I would suggest also picking up the extended fuel screw from TT and the hex float bowl screws as well. You will need to remove your carb for this... unless you are a MASTER mechanic.

MRD exhaust is the most popular. I personally have this and LOVE IT!

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/MRD-Z-PRO-DRZ-Exhaust-System-formerly-SSW-MRD-p2006766713.html

JD Jetting Kit - this one does not list the 2014 DRZ but I would guess they are the same carbs.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/JD-Jetting-Jet-Kit-DR-Z400S-SM-p2006766373.html

• Like 1