Sign in to follow this  

05 Yz250 Won't rev out

Rode bike yesterday ran fine I had 93 octane 40:1 ratio. I had some 102 race gas mixed 40:1. Bike didn't run right. I drained it out put 93 in it. Ran fine now it will start right up but when I rev it up hits like a rev limiter. I cleaned power valve,carb/needles. Changed spark plug/new filter. I don't kno what else it can be? Piston and rings? Did I mess up by running higher octane

Rode bike yesterday ran fine I had 93 octane 40:1 ratio. I had some 102 race gas mixed 40:1. Bike didn't run right. I drained it out put 93 in it. Ran fine now it will start right up but when I rev it up hits like a rev limiter. I cleaned power valve,carb/needles. Changed spark plug/new filter. I don't kno what else it can be? Piston and rings? Did I mess up by running higher octane

did you mix the race gas with the 93 that was in the tank already?  I have heard that causing problems sometimes.  could be running a little lean on the main jet.  what jetting you running?

I drained everything. It has the 93 in it now like I always run. No race gas in it now. I read on a forum it can be a bad stator?

If changing the fuel caused the issue, it would make sense that would be where you should start. You didn't mention how OLD the race gas was...or what oil was premixed.

Gas doesn't last forever, and oil will seperate over time.