Sign in to follow this  

Rm125 won't idle need help fixing it

Please look at the pics. I need help to fix my bike idle it cuts off right away if I give no gas

image.jpg

image.jpg

Set your idle screw at 1 and 1/2 turns out from all the way in and mess around with it by screwing it out a bit further.

If you have an aftermarket pipe, look up the recommended jetting.

I believe the gold one is the pilot screw. My guess is if there's no second screw the top of the choke knob should be the idle adjustment. If not check the other side of the carb

That small screw at the back of the carb (under the N) is the air screw. The idle speed adjustment with that carb is set by turning the choke knob clockwise ti increase, counter-clockwise to decrease.

I hate thosePWM carbs. The PWK is a much better carb.

Set the air screw to 1.5 turns out from closed. Turn the choke knob out until it will idle. Then with the engine at full operating temperature start adjusting the air screw in and out until you find the point where it idles fastest. If you are more than 2 turns out you need a smaller pilot jet (it's called the slow jet on that carb). If you are less than 1 turn out you need a larger pilot jet.

You'll never get a really clean and stable idle with that carb, the low-speed circuit on them is very primitive and ineffective.The PWK works much better.

• Like 2

That small screw at the back of the carb (under the N) is the air screw. The idle speed adjustment with that carb is set by turning the choke knob clockwise ti increase, counter-clockwise to decrease.

I hate thosePWM carbs. The PWK is a much better carb.

Set the air screw to 1.5 turns out from closed. Turn the choke knob out until it will idle. Then with the engine at full operating temperature start adjusting the air screw in and out until you find the point where it idles fastest. If you are more than 2 turns out you need a smaller pilot jet (it's called the slow jet on that carb). If you are less than 1 turn out you need a larger pilot jet.

You'll never get a really clean and stable idle with that carb, the low-speed circuit on them is very primitive and ineffective.The PWK works much better.

but my choke knob only turn just a bit not even inch. it go left ND RIGHT THOUGH

If i were you i would rebuild that carb. Worst case scenario too find out that there's something in the carb broken/not working and fix it