I'm about to break this rim because I am angry.

How and the he'll am I supposed to get my front tire off with the bib in it?

Bib went to hell I have a race in 24 hours.

All shops are closed and I only have 1 freaking spoon with me.

Any ideas?

The wrenches keep the bead pressed in... Use a couple screwdrivers to replace the spoons...work your way around...

Edited by Monk

That makes about 300x more sense

Yea mousse bibs.

Just wondering how " they say you are supposed to take them out after every ride" without a tire machine are you supposed to do that crap

Yea mousse bibs.

Just wondering how " they say you are supposed to take them out after every ride" without a tire machine are you supposed to do that crap

After every ride? That's ridiculous haha. It's not easier to take out that a tire than a regular tube?

After every ride? That's ridiculous haha. It's not easier to take out that a tire than a regular tube?

God no.

A regular tube you can deflate to almost nothing.

A bib once you set it in and it conforms to a 13 psi tube.

It does not deflate it is foam pretty much, hard foam. The only time it loses "pressure" so to speak is when they go bad. Even then it still has like 9 psi type feeling on it.

Pushes against the sidewalls to keep the bead.

Screwdriver just scars my rim.

Monk that's a good idea using a wrench.  It has some more thickness to it as compared to a tire iron, screwdriver, etc. - keeping the bead farther toward the center.

I'm going bib soon.

Thanks for your input on cam timing Willy. That was exactly the kind of info that I was looking for.I definitely don't want to make my bike more difficult to ride in the technical stuff. I had to laugh when I read your comments about the front tire and the handlebars.My first ride on this bike I lost the the front end at low speed and twisted the bars!Thanks to you as well Bryan for the comments on your experience with the FMF Megamax.I wonder if I could expect similiar results with the Powercore IV squared?

is there any benefit to having the mousse?

Monk that's a good idea using a wrench. It has some more thickness to it as compared to a tire iron, screwdriver, etc. - keeping the bead farther toward the center.

I'm going bib soon.

They last 6 months

What the heck, who did it just quote?

Wow that was weird....

As for the benefit...

Yes.

You do not pop tires you need not worry about that at all.

They are great for things like that.

As for the downfall.

They last 6 months they are 160 bucks on the low end.

Sometimes they get stuck to your tire.

You're supposed to take them out after each ride.

To make them last that 6 months

Wrench or 20 wrenches they are insane to get out.

And the last but not least.

You are stuck at one tire pressure which is 13.

Until they go bad atleast.

And I don't care what anyone says. I spent 1 hour on YouTube looking at how to take them off, and not one did it with spoons. Everyone used a tire machine.

Man, you're lucky if they last 6months....Maybe 3 for me....

Exactly. Not worth the money for me honestly. The only thing I can say they would be worth is for a insane scramble. But if you invest that much then by the end your getting new tires and they are Junk anyway.

My rear is bib and is still good. Both in at same time. Front junked after probably 3.

Again I'm good with tubes. Forget the issues these give me

• Like 1

6 months/3 months.

About how many riding hours, and what type of riding?

I ask because I guy I ride with occassionally says his have lasted a year.  Not sure the hrs, but all woods riding.

Also why would the front trash before the rear?  I'd figure the rear was under more stress.