Sign in to follow this  

jetting 250-03

my bike was running great so never dig into it till i started to ride a lot and the fuel economy is driving me crazy.

i have boyesen rad valve fmf fatty and Q stealth.

i disconected the solenoid ones sinse i head that it making the engine not to run right or not effective at all.

my jetting was:

6.5 slide(stock)

ndelle  NR8H(stock) on 2nd position 

pilot 45 

MJ 168.

i notice that the smle from the exhaust is like too rice 

it even burning in my eyes (because its too rice)

any way i change the pilot to 42

and needle to NR8W on 3ed clip.

the bike still making a smale like there are too much fuel in the fuel/air mixture."cleans up"

and the bike not strong has it was on the 1/2-3/4 range and also it pings after being in the 1/2-3/4 range till it "cleans up".

so i guess i will have to go in the needle clip to 4th position.

looked in the book and it says that the solenoid work range is 2000-3000, 9250-10500

and from the picture i can understand that it close the pass in those value, now it make sense 

cause the engine is rich on idle and i dont think that i need to change the pilot to 40.

so how is connecting the solenoid and who not?

i think the bike will run leaner at idle and the fuel economics should be better then its now with it disconnect.

am i right?

should i replace\cut the slide to size 7?

my bike was running great so never dig into it till i started to ride a lot and the fuel economy is driving me crazy.

i have boyesen rad valve fmf fatty and Q stealth.

i disconected the solenoid ones sinse i head that it making the engine not to run right or not effective at all.

my jetting was:

6.5 slide(stock)

ndelle  NR8H(stock) on 2nd position 

pilot 45 

MJ 168.

i notice that the smle from the exhaust is like too rice 

it even burning in my eyes (because its too rice)

any way i change the pilot to 42

and needle to NR8W on 3ed clip.

the bike still making a smale like there are too much fuel in the fuel/air mixture."cleans up"

and the bike not strong has it was on the 1/2-3/4 range and also it pings after being in the 1/2-3/4 range till it "cleans up".

so i guess i will have to go in the needle clip to 4th position.

looked in the book and it says that the solenoid work range is 2000-3000, 9250-10500

and from the picture i can understand that it close the pass in those value, now it make sense 

cause the engine is rich on idle and i dont think that i need to change the pilot to 40.

so how is connecting the solenoid and who not?

i think the bike will run leaner at idle and the fuel economics should be better then its now with it disconnect.

am i right?

should i replace\cut the slide to size 7?

On my 03, I tried to get the stock 6.5 slide to work but nothing would seem to work,  I did change the slide out to a 7 and it seemed to really help the bike as a whole.  Jetting it seemed to be a lot easier and it ran 100% better.  I would get it back to a stock setting, with main ,pilot, needle and clip position, change out slide to a 7 and give it a shot and go from there.  I was pulling my hair out to with the 03..  I found this is what worked best for me.  Don't forget to test/adjust your air screw accordingly once at running temp to see how close you are.

• Like 1

Yes I second the slide on the 03 s. the stock one needs changed to a 7. Go to jd jetting or just buy a stock one from an 04.

It will be easier to ride too. I thought it smoothed out the hit in the powerband.

• Like 1

If i will have to change the slide from 6.5 to 7 i will cut it, but still i'm trying my best.

but yes it make sense that it will help with the rich mixture on the idle area.

if i understand right the solenoid is normally open except 2000-3000 RPM, 9250-10500 RPM

my rm was running good except the fuel economy and the the fact that it small why too rich.

i disconnected the solenoid and i think it was a miss take cause if it normally open that mean that i had more fuel.

now i saw that there are 2 power jets available from suzuki 45,55

first i want to connect back the solenoid (and also to check that it's really working).

then will start from the beginning check fuel float,

then i'm thinking go go down with the pilot from 42 to 40.

and to put the NR8H needle back in the first groove.

what do you think guys am i not thinking right?

Edited by amitx

I like the hit on my 03 250 and am always looking for more, will switching to a # 7 slide REALLY soften the hit that much?

If so, I'll stick with my rich as hell 03 setup!

Edited by Afrothunderkat

too rich will take the power down as to lean will do.

you should jet it right the you need to be on the rice side (as in life too :p )

7mcvy.jpg

i have that reference picture of the slide and i wonder what is really changing in the slide,

i have 6 and 6.5 slides so i will have to compare between them.

i also have a 37 PWK without the power jet, so i think i will try that, it also should help in the low RPM.

if it will work right i think that it will be because of the power jet..

waiting for the weekend..

Update: so connected the solenoid plug and i think it helped, it is not that rich in the idle. 

after changing the pilot to 42 and the needle to NR8W 3 slot, i felt the the 1/4-3/4 became wicker then it was and also after riding in 1/2 throttle for a whine and pulling the clutch i pinged, so no doubt it's lean on the needle.

today tooked the clip down to 4th grove and it seemed to help.

but still while pulling the clutch sometime i feel its not clean and it's a bit lean but somewhere in the pilot circle.

didn't take a screwdriver to the ride will try to open the air screw a bit.

till the next  time...