Sign in to follow this  

Florida WARNING>>> Hastings, FL trails. Dont risk it!

Finally got my first ride in...in over 10 yrs!  Took the XR600R out with some friends to a local spot about an hour away from Jacksonville.  Its was just myself, and two friends on quads...two trucks for the trip, TWO WINDOWS SMASHED WHILE WE WERE RIDING!

I've done my best not to be too pissed about it.  Even though hundreds of people ride out there at this location, doesn't make it legal (LESSON LEARNED).  Rode for 2 hours, came back to the trucks and ate lunch, then went out for another 2 hours.  Came back and noticed as I was riding up that my gas can was gone (maybe Jesse put it in his truck???)  Well after we parked the toys, I heard a bunch of loud F bombs followed by a bunch of other profane comments.....then I noticed my drivers window :(  Thank god all the crooks took was my shades.  My friend Jesse on the other hand had his wallet and house keys taken.  After being on the phone for an hour, he got all his cards canceled....And the cops would not report to our location either.

Later, I come to find out that the area has been populated with meth labs.  The "one man band" police department wont have anything to do with the area we were in.  Needless to say, the perfect ride ended with a really bad experience because someone just had to FKN take advantage of good people.  The only lucky thing they had going for them was not getting caught because I'm not the type of person to wait for "assistance".  16 rds of 9mm hollow points plus what ever else my buds were carrying would have been enough to force someone to shop for new underwear...

NE Florida, Go to Ocala instead.  At the very least, the camp sites are monitored.......and so are the trails.

You bust my windows you best believe you don't want me to catch you. I'll go gangster on your Bitch ass and pop 2 caps in yo knees.

Sorry I went goon there. Although I'm from west Virginia and we don't have goons. ..

I feel for you and I would have shot a mother &%$#@! for doing that.

Yeah I'm actually more pissed now than I was. Ruined my weekend! Going on 3 days without a window, finally found a parts yard that's got one for $60. Dealership wanted $290!