Sign in to follow this  

2012 Ktm 200xcw Carb Problem

Hi everyone, well basically the bike doesnt want to idle anymore. Last time i rode it which was last year before winter it ran fine. Winter came along and I never got the chance to ride again, I believe i only cranked it 3 times during that time. Finally got it out a couple of weeks ago to get it prepped for summer riding and it didnt want stay running. So i drained all the gas out, emptied the float bowl out, took the main, idle, and pilot jet out and blew them out and reinstalled. Checked the spark plug and it had some black on the end so I'm thinking its running rich. I tried going from a (160) main jet to a (162) and basically it wouldnt even kick over. From what my manual says my carb is set up exactly right for my elevation and temperature. So now I'm pretty stumped on what i could possibly do, should i try a new spark plug? Or something else. Heres my chart readouts and how my carb is setup.

0 ft to 1000ft , 79f to 98f

Idle air screw open: 2 turns

Idling jet: 45

Needle: Nozi

Needle position from above: 4

Main Jet: 160

Thanks! :ride:

I would get a new pilot jet. The orifice is very small and easily clogged. Old fuel turn to varnish like hardness.  Gets stuck and kills your starting.  Also if you think you're running rich mid to wot, I would lower your needle. Try the clip in the 2nd notch from the top.

Throw a fresh plug in (they're cheap) and I'd be surprised if it didn't fire up.