Sign in to follow this  

&%$#@! is that sound rm125

It mite be. Do I just repack the silencer or ???

Can't i just but while new exaust system to fix this problem ? I'll go with pro circuit pipe and silencer

I no where the leak is coming from it's the silencer not the pipe. So I can just buy new silencer right and my bike will sound right??

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, check your rear shock.  You may have blown a seal.  But the oil I see on the ground, that's some dark sooty oil, so it DOES look like it's coming from your exhaust.  There is just no easy fix like check your silencer etc.  What you have to do is get down on your mechanic skills, take some of those plastic panels off and look deeper.  If indeed that much oil is coming out of your exhaust, once you've take some of the panels, tank, seat off, you should be able to pin point exactly where the oil is coming out from.  Another thing that strikes a cord here is damn, what ratio you mixing your gas and oil with.  That's a lot of oil over the floor.  Perhaps, you're using a bit too much oil in your gas.  I've never seen that much oil come out of a rig's exhaust system.  When I see that much oil on the floor, I've got to suspect that either my motor is leaking oil, or my rear shock has blown a seal.  Break her down a little more.  Also, you could take that little camera of yours and put it under the bike to show up what the bottom looks like.  I mean from what I saw, you have this oil all over your rear tire and you said you wiped it down no less.  Never have seen that much soot come out of an exhaust. :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

No my shock is ok . The leak is coming from where the pipe meet silencer to but it also leaks a bit from the silencer the back of it if that make sense I'll try and get better pic and vid for u guys

if it were a shock, chances are that it would be on both sides of the swing arm, not one side.

Looks to me like its exhaust waste, and LOTS of it...  I would check the rubber seal where the pipe and the silencer connect together.. all of my 2 strokes have had leaks at one locatation or another! 

What fuel/oil pre mix ratio are you using? it looks to me like its way too much oil and loading up causing all the excess blow out, and in turn will cause the silencer to clog with oil causing the "off" sound! and will also make the bike perform poorly and not idle

• Like 1

I looked at the vids again, look at the motor from the front if the bike. is there black gunk on the front,or bottom of the engine? How about on or around the pipe where it connects to the engine?

Well when I brought the bike it was like that I only rodeit for 2days not even 10hours on it. But I got new top&bottom so I got it a lil rich at 28:1 I use 32:2 im still breaking it in I'm on last heat cycle

The pipe is good and the engine no black stuff just on the silencer and where it connect to pipe . If u pause at 21 sec is that where I should check ?

My 2005 cr250 was doing this same thing when i bought it just spraying oil from the pipe,  wouldn't idle , sounded like crap when it was running . Oil fouling plugs.  When i tore it down the cylinder was completely worn out . Check your plug for oil , do a compression test on the cylinder , and also check the right side crankshaft seal if its worn it will suck gearbox oil into the cylinder and blow it right out the pipe.  :ride:

• Like 1

if the front ot the bottom of the engine then its most likely the connection from the pipe to the silencer. or the 19 second mark in the last vid.

These are ONLY recomendations and do as you wish.

BUT Im pretty sure that for your bike the recommended mix is 30:1...

I had a yz that I ran 32;1 and it fouled plugs and ran like crap. So I leaned it out and it was so much better!

I just got rid of a 02 ktm 250 sx that the manufacturer recomends 40 to 60;1 ratio.. The previous owner ran 32;1 and it smoked horribly, poor throttle response and left oil trails like yours is doing every place it went. I started running 40;1 it was soo much better!!!

I know guys with rm 125s that run it as low as 50;1 with no problems... Id recomend running a good synthetic oil or at LEAST a blend like Maxima castor 927 premix oil and id start running at least 36;1.. you are using way to much oil and thats whats causing that.

First you need to fix the ratio, let the bike stop pouring out the oil like it is, then you need to either repack the silencer by removing the screws at the tip of the silencer and removing the insides, or core and replacing the "cotton" looking stuff called packing. OR get a new silencer.

But make sure you get it to stop pouring oil BEFORE you replace the packing or the silencer or else your just wasting your cash.. The bike should not pour smoke at any pont when you run it, you only want a very light blue haze. if it looks like your bike is having a cigerete then its too much oil lol and deffinetitly get it running a good oil

• Like 1

Ok thx forthe help guys I'll have my guys look at it real soon and imma get an fmf shorty . Stay tuned for the update in about a week or 2 I run amsoil INTERCEPTOR 2-Stroke Oil

btw

So that should fix my idle problem to once all that oli gunky stuff is cleaned ? I had my top and bottom and rebuild new air filter new cylinder and all we'll they fixed the cylinder so like new

• Like 1