Sign in to follow this  

Horrible day at track

So I went to practice today before the race tomorrow.

It just rained yesterday and was a bit slushy but overall perfect 8n most spots.

I came off a 40 ft and hit the wet spot...

Washed the front wheel out landed my right side ribs (still recovering from 5 broken last march) on my throttle side handlebar.

At the same time I pile drove my face into the ground. Did a few somersaults kicked myself in the back of the head.

End result- think I re fractured #5 broke my helmet and twisted handlebars.

And now need new front tire.

Everything is an easy fix except for the body.

Unlucky for me I race tomorrow and am contemplating backing out to preserve my body from any more incidental damage.

Overall.

Was a blast for The first 30 minutes.

Here are some super duper whoops

1398550718146.jpg

Probably shouldnt especially since if it's a local race, you never know if the rib lost it's stability and could puncture your lung if you got gutted by your bars in a fall or anything like that. But I do know that feeling of wanting to keep riding but racing with fresh injuries is risky business.

that must of been a hell of a crash, hope you recover soon

Thank you. Well needed.

Probably shouldnt especially since if it's a local race, you never know if the rib lost it's stability and could puncture your lung if you got gutted by your bars in a fall or anything like that. But I do know that feeling of wanting to keep riding but racing with fresh injuries is risky business.

When I broke the 5 I kept away from the hospital for far to long. #5 was broke from my bsck and fractured in the middle. And I'm hoping it's just bruised but sure shallow breaths make me think otherwise.

My main worry was the head it. Messed up my helmet broke the visor and front forehead foam. So it was pretty nasty. Although I think I walked away without a concussion.

I tend to ride really hard race day and fall harder.

I may just go and root people on but depending on my feeling early morning I may race.

Again probably not as you are right.

As I'm not a paid villopoto or Stewart I can't afford time off work due to serious injury.

Thanks guys

So I went to practice today before the race tomorrow.

It just rained yesterday and was a bit slushy but overall perfect 8n most spots.

I came off a 40 ft and hit the wet spot...

Washed the front wheel out landed my right side ribs (still recovering from 5 broken last march) on my throttle side handlebar.

At the same time I pile drove my face into the ground. Did a few somersaults kicked myself in the back of the head.

End result- think I re fractured #5 broke my helmet and twisted handlebars.

And now need new front tire.

Everything is an easy fix except for the body.

Unlucky for me I race tomorrow and am contemplating backing out to preserve my body from any more incidental damage.

Overall.

Was a blast for The first 30 minutes.

Here are some super duper whoops

I did that shit once, kick myself on the head, I was like what the F just happened.  I say, forget about tomorrow's race and don't forget to breath.  I ride my rigs for three day trips out in the desert.  At the end of each day, when I start F' ing up and start falling, I call it quits.  You know how it is, sometimes, everything clicks, then some days, you wish you would of never got out of bed.  Know when to hold them, but definably know when to fold them.  There will be plenty of races, but if you jack yourself up, you might not be able to ride for a while, while you're on the mend.  Back in Sept 2013, the Devil just kept bucking me off at ever turn, it was on that day I decided, that's it, time to pack up and go home.  You have your good days, and you have your bad days (yesterday). :devil:

• Like 1

You wear a chest protector?

Yes and no.

I generally wear under the shirt roost protector.

Did nothing. The way i landed was weird.

I pile drive my head and my rib landed on the very end of the bar. Was weird.

I did that shit once, kick myself on the head, I was like what the F just happened. I say, forget about tomorrow's race and don't forget to breath. I ride my rigs for three day trips out in the desert. At the end of each day, when I start F' ing up and start falling, I call it quits. You know how it is, sometimes, everything clicks, then some days, you wish you would of never got out of bed. Know when to hold them, but definably know when to fold them. There will be plenty of races, but if you jack yourself up, you might not be able to ride for a while, while you're on the mend. Back in Sept 2013, the Devil just kept bucking me off at ever turn, it was on that day I decided, that's it, time to pack up and go home. You have your good days, and you have your bad days (yesterday). :devil:

Yes today was definitely the day.

Nothing was clicking from the start. Couldn't get good hook up and so I just 2nd geared putted (had the track to myself for the time being)

I rode around stopped for a minute. Then got back on thst last time and got brave. I generally have good line selection and it was just a stupid mistake trying to ride outside my comfort zone when it was wet.

I have another topic on the bars and clamp with pictures on what you think is wrong?

Yes and no.

I generally wear under the shirt roost protector.

Did nothing. The way i landed was weird.

I pile drive my head and my rib landed on the very end of the bar. Was weird.

Imagine if you wore a actual chest protector, you might have walked away just fine.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes today was definitely the day.

Nothing was clicking from the start. Couldn't get good hook up and so I just 2nd geared putted (had the track to myself for the time being)

I rode around stopped for a minute. Then got back on thst last time and got brave. I generally have good line selection and it was just a stupid mistake trying to ride outside my comfort zone when it was wet.

I have another topic on the bars and clamp with pictures on what you think is wrong?

Couldn't find the other topic, but if you're almost certain that your bars and clamp are good and straight, you might want to take a look at your handle bar holders, people don't realize you can bend those piece of shits too.  I have many times and know what to look for when I can't seem to get my bars and front suspension on the money.   When you post that topic, hit me up with the link or I'll be on the look out for it.  Love to see pictures, any kind of pictures, but specially pictures of bikes and hot chicks on them. :thumbsup::devil:

Couldn't find the other topic, but if you're almost certain that your bars and clamp are good and straight, you might want to take a look at your handle bar holders, people don't realize you can bend those piece of shits too. I have many times and know what to look for when I can't seem to get my bars and front suspension on the money. When you post that topic, hit me up with the link or I'll be on the look out for it. Love to see pictures, any kind of pictures, but specially pictures of bikes and hot chicks on them. :thumbsup::devil:

I'll throw a bike pic in there

Imagine if you wore a actual chest protector, you might have walked away just fine.... :rolleyes:

Maybe. I guess we will never know. I do need to get one though.

Maybe. I guess we will never know. I do need to get one though.

Also need a new helmet considering mine is trashed.

Amazing how hard you hit even when you aren't pinned wide or running a quad. Wake up call for sure

When I broke the 5 I kept away from the hospital for far to long. #5 was broke from my bsck and fractured in the middle. And I'm hoping it's just bruised but sure shallow breaths make me think otherwise.

My main worry was the head it. Messed up my helmet broke the visor and front forehead foam. So it was pretty nasty. Although I think I walked away without a concussion.

I tend to ride really hard race day and fall harder.

I may just go and root people on but depending on my feeling early morning I may race.

Again probably not as you are right.

As I'm not a paid villopoto or Stewart I can't afford time off work due to serious injury.

Thanks guys

Yeah man, it's good it's a hard decision though cause it does show a lot of passion for the sport. That sucks a lot with the helmet issue too, it is pretty hard to tell when you have a minor concussion and I do know what you mean by avoiding hospitals, I had a compound fractured collarbone and they want a shiton of money cause I had no insurance at that time, didn't even happen while I was riding.

I would stick with staying off the bike, as hard as it may be but if you have a small area to ride where you live I'd say it's pretty safe to start it up every other day just to maintain feel and get a small fix.

It'd be a great idea to go there and watch the race too, it'll make you want to ride more than anything but there is LOTS to learn when watching a local race in-depth all day.

Yeah man, it's good it's a hard decision though cause it does show a lot of passion for the sport. That sucks a lot with the helmet issue too, it is pretty hard to tell when you have a minor concussion and I do know what you mean by avoiding hospitals, I had a compound fractured collarbone and they want a shiton of money cause I had no insurance at that time, didn't even happen while I was riding.

I would stick with staying off the bike, as hard as it may be but if you have a small area to ride where you live I'd say it's pretty safe to start it up every other day just to maintain feel and get a small fix.

It'd be a great idea to go there and watch the race too, it'll make you want to ride more than anything but there is LOTS to learn when watching a local race in-depth all day.

i am thinking about going to the race to watch.

the hardest part i think is that im going to want to load up the bike to bring with me. 

i have a pretty good amount of land and in the back yard i have been tearing ruts to practice pinning fast corners. 

i just am not good at going slow.

i may start practicing 180 or 100 degree turns and will go slow till i pack in some ruts.

just try and keep it smooth and simple. try and go back to the basics and maybe learn another thing or two while doing it slow.

passion yes

i ride everyday for 2 weeks straight on my days off as i work 2 weeks on as well i go through withdrawals the whole time.

Joey,

Glad you walked away without serious injury.

Don't feel bad... I'm the King of face plants and kicking myself in back of the head.  

There will be plenty of races for you to enter throughout the year. Take care of yourself first and get healthy; then go win that race.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Joey,

Glad you walked away without serious injury.

Don't feel bad... I'm the King of face plants and kicking myself in back of the head.  

There will be plenty of races for you to enter throughout the year. Take care of yourself first and get healthy; then go win that race.

Cheers.

thanks buddy.

im new to kicking myself in the back of the head, not sure sure i want to practice that skill all that often. would rather stay a rookie at that. either way its part of it and it is an experience i got i dont want anymore.

Get well buddy , take it easy for awhile . It wouldn't benefit you at all to race tomorrow and for sure you won't be 100% . Go to the doc and get you some good pain meds and get checked out good . Better safe than sorry. Give you some wrench time too so you can checkout your ride .