Sign in to follow this  

XR400 - where to stash my registration?

I just plated my xr400 and wondering where a good spot for storing the registration is?  I'm thinking inside a small drybag in the airbox maybe?  Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

I just plated my xr400 and wondering where a good spot for storing the registration is?  I'm thinking inside a small drybag in the airbox maybe?  Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

I taped a zip lock bag to the inside of the air box door.

What about combining the two ideas and taping a small drybag like this, or this one to the airbox door. That way it's re-sealable and durable enough you only have to do it once.

Thanks!

I keep mine in my backpack.

P2080004.JPG

Edited by Brewster Two

Photo173.jpgNot original, but here is my copy of an ABS plumbing pipe tool/reg tube. I have a tow strap and reg/state land access papers in. It is a 2in x about 8in plastic pipe with an end cap on one side and a threaded plug setup on the access side. Ziptye/wire/hose clamp it off to the sub and Teflon tape on the threads are keeping out the moisture, but a baggie would be recommended for assurance. Not the best pic , but you get the idea. Edited by 702inda509

Wow!  I can't believe I'm the first person to think of this.  I put mine it a little sammich bag and put it in the top of my helmet, under the padding.

I keep the original in my wallet.  They send me a new one every year with the tags.  If I get pulled over, though, I think I'll tell 'em it's between my butt cheeks.  

Wow!  I can't believe I'm the first person to think of this.  I put mine it a little sammich bag and put it in the top of my helmet, under the padding.

I like this idea!