USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Should gas flow through this and why are my revs hanging and wont idle?

Im new to the forum and also new to crf's. I got my bike after it was completely rebuilt and just needed a few little things. It would not kickstart so i adjusted the valves and still wouldnt but it does pop start. It will not idle once running though unless the choke is on but even then it has an eratic idle and when revved the revs hang really bad like an air leak but i cant find any? Does anyone know what my problem may be and i also have the carb off to clean it and was blowing everything out with compressed air and noticed that air wont go through this one hole. I attatched a pic. Its the hole pictured on the pic of the main part of the carb. The pic of the bowl is the hole that it lines up with. Air does flow through the hooe on the bowl but not the one it lines up with on the carb.

That looks like the leak jet circuit for the accelerator pump, probably not your problem. Sounds like the slow jet/ fuel screw circuit  may be plugged (lean) or hot start stuck on. Of course make sure you have fresh fuel and a new plug.

Ive cleaned the whole carb thoroughly. Ill try some fresh 93 and a new plug but i dont think that woupd make the revs hang. Maybe the carb is just adjusted bad. What jetting should i start with for 400-600 feet altitude. So nothing should be able to go through that hole in the carb. It seems odd that it would be there if nothing could flow through it

Maybe the hole is part of the manufacturing process? My carb looks exactly like yours.  What year is your bike? Is is stock or does it have modifications to the motor? Maybe we can help you with jetting if you give us some more information about it. Here is a good place to start if the bike is stock: https://www.procircuit.com/jettingspecs.htm