Sign in to follow this  

Used SM wheel set availability

I just posted a whole SM wheel conversion in the classifieds.  But my question is, how hard are these to find used these days and how much are they going for?

When I was looking for a set it took me forever to find a used one and I had to send it from CO to WA (this was a few years ago).  I posted these on CL in the major cities bordering South Carolina and nothing.....

I haven't been on TT for a while, have I missed a new cheap kit coming out or something?  Or is there just no demand.

I seen your add. if you where closer I would be dealing. I will say I think you are a little hi in price.

from the help and info on this sit. good luck

Edited by ripping r

Appreciate the reply, i can work a bit on the price.  I just thought either I missed a new product or I was going crazy,  I know there isn't too many DRZ in this area.

Appreciate the reply, i can work a bit on the price.  I just thought either I missed a new product or I was going crazy,  I know there isn't too many DRZ in this area.

you can get warp 9 for about 850 with everything. but the stock speedo will not work. some don't care I do. I have the same problem here. I have only ever seen one other drz in my area.

I seen your add. if you where closer I would be dealing. I will say I think you are a little hi in price.

from the help and info on this sit. good luck

Agree fair price would be closer to $600 but no higher than $800 if in really good shape. I just picked up a really nice set with new rubber for $600 tires had 25 miles on them. The saying is there's an A$$ for every seat so it can't hurt to try and get as much as possible but they might take longer to sell.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Well you guys are right, I was way off.  Its been a while and the warp 9 stuff has come down a bunch from a few years ago.   I appriciate the head check.

If you are reading this and are in the SC area I will lower my price as applicable.

thanks guys

I would think 800 to 900 would be a fair price, OEM parts seem to go for a tad more than after market, I just sold a set of S wheels for 500, I didn't expect to get that much out of them, but like mentioned before, there's an ass for every seat

One last question.

Will these stock SM wheels fit a standard E model?  how will the speedo gear fit?

If anyone that saw this is interested, I can do paypal now and have a good idea what shipping will cost so let me know.

The ad is in the classifieds still.

One last question.

Will these stock SM wheels fit a standard E model?  how will the speedo gear fit?

All DRZ hubs are the same so they should fit fine...You would need an oversize rotor caliper bracket if you want to use the SM rotor...

Edited by Craigo 485sm