Sign in to follow this  

Hot Rod crank?

Lookin at a '08 300 xcw.

Has recent rebuild with Hot Rod crank. How do these hold up?

You'll get mixed reviews on here but here is mine. I have used hot rod cranks in many machines over the past 5 years, 10 minutes I ago I buttoned up an 09 250xc with a fresh hot rods crank. I've yet to have any issues at all. Both two stroke and four stroke, I've honestly seen them last longer than factory units. Case in point, back in 08 a kid that rides with is had an 08 crf 250 with 23 hours, smoked the stock rod bearing. I put a hot rods in, at 105 hours he sold the bike running strong with that same crank. Installation is the biggest deciding factor

You'll get mixed reviews on here but here is mine. I have used hot rod cranks in many machines over the past 5 years, 10 minutes I ago I buttoned up an 09 250xc with a fresh hot rods crank. I've yet to have any issues at all. Both two stroke and four stroke, I've honestly seen them last longer than factory units. Case in point, back in 08 a kid that rides with is had an 08 crf 250 with 23 hours, smoked the stock rod bearing. I put a hot rods in, at 105 hours he sold the bike running strong with that same crank. Installation is the biggest deciding factor

thanks for the input.

Weird that your friends bearing went at 23 hours.

I have 500 hours on my stock '03 cr250 crank.

My '02 cr250 i sold, and still going strong, has over 1000 hours.

Ive heard more good than bad about Hot Rods.

I got 10 hours on my 300 with no problems with my hotrods crank.

Edited by brennan300