What's wrong? (Pics)

check your hand-bar holders to make sure they haven't gotten bent.  It's a little hard to tell even with pics trying to determine if your bars are straight, so I'll take your word for it.  You might want to loosen up your triple clamp and re torque it down, but definitely look at your bar holders, bet they're the culprits. :devil:

check your hand-bar holders to make sure they haven't gotten bent.  It's a little hard to tell even with pics trying to determine if your bars are straight, so I'll take your word for it.  You might want to loosen up your triple clamp and re torque it down, but definitely look at your bar holders, bet they're the culprits. :devil:

they look like the culprit. horribly bent if you look at them from the front.

how much do these clamps run?

got a link on them?

I am not sure that I'd sleep to soundly if the wife came home and found my dirt bike in the middle of the kitchen, she wields a mean rolling pin.

AND the dishes not done...

not sure ill be sleeping with both eyes closed!

Had the same problem. Nothin a torch and a big hammer can't fix!

you know, im hoping they arent all that expensive.

when i pull out the torch and a hammer im usually knee deep into the beer and angry already. so i try to fix what i think will work. realize it wont.and spend the money anyways.

The bar mounts have rubber bushings you can loosen them and staighten everything out .It also looks like the top bar clamp may be bent . .It helps me to remove the front fender to sight everyting in.if the bars are not bent and you can straighten the top clamps the repair is nothing more than loosening straighting and re tightening

Edited by mec500
  • Like 1

The bar mounts have rubber bushings you can loosen them and staighten everything out .It also looks like the top bar clamp may be bent . .It helps me to remove the front fender to sight everyting in.if the bars are not bent and you can straighten the top clamps the repair is nothing more than loosening straighting and re tightening

From further inspection,

It is the top bar clamp.

I just haven't purchased bar class before and am not sure on pricing or where to look for this type of bar clamp. Any suggestions?

I bent the top of my bar clamps on a Suzuki by havin a tree jump out in front of me and that's what it looks like happens to yours as well. That top piece is really pretty weak and bends kinda easy. I like the two piece designs better but maybe there is a reason Suzuki sticks with the one piece. Anyways I think some Renthal bar mounts are a little over $50 or like previous people have stated the OEM piece you bent is pretty cheap

I am not sure that I'd sleep to soundly if the wife came home and found my dirt bike in the middle of the kitchen, she wields a mean rolling pin.

? screw the wife.  If mine comes home and finds my Devil in the den with me watching TV, she better get use to it, otherwise she can step.  I pay the freaking bills around here, and non of that, and non of this.  Hell, I think I'll do just that.  My rigs don't leak oil, and are cleaner than a baby's ass.  Besides, I think a dirt bike in a house is a fine addition.  I know if I was in the market for a house and found one with a dirt bike in it, (Specially a Maico 490 Spider in mint condition), that house would be sold!  Wife, arg, here I go again on another rant now about the wife. I've got to get off these meds jump on my Devil and just go rampage through my neighborhood, this staying at home BS is really making me nuts.  Tell her to get back in the kitchen and put that rolling pin to good use and bake you a cake in a figure of a dirt bike, then when she's finished, go wash your bike.   :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

they look like the culprit. horribly bent if you look at them from the front.

how much do these clamps run?

got a link on them?

Yep, it's amazing how even those will bend when  you take a BIG fall.  Back in Sept 2013, the Devil put me in the hospital for three days with a jacked up hand that needed two surgeries.  When I finally mended and checked out the damage to the bike, not only were the bars bent, but one of the holders bent.  We're talking about an almost inch wide bolt.  For that to bend, the fall usually has to be pretty hard.  You're bike holders are probably going to be pricey.  Even if you go after market.  You need to check around my friend and try to find the least expensive.  Start with a dealer and work your way from there.  Good luck.  :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

For you devil

Haha don't mind the dishes my wife went out and I'm not dishwasher qualified.

Haha! I am in troubleeeee

Nice rig Joe, I like it.  You even have it indoors, now that's serious commitment.  Every time I go into the garage at night just to look at my bikes, I can almost hear the Devil saying it's too F cold in here, turn on the heater!?  I know I'm F nuts, I'm telling you guys, this bike is possessed.  It haunt me in my dreams and then finishes me off when I hop on it and ride.  It talks to me sometimes though others around me don't hear it.  Yep, time to definitely get off the meds.  Well hopefully by this summer, all will be well at the Devil's homestead, and it will be me doing all the talking. ??:devil:

you know, im hoping they arent all that expensive.

when i pull out the torch and a hammer im usually knee deep into the beer and angry already. so i try to fix what i think will work. realize it wont.and spend the money anyways.

Depending the material they're made out of, sometimes you can straighten them out, but they'll never be perfect again.  Since it's steering, I opted to replace the ones that I've damaged in the past, otherwise, if it would of been anything that didn't have to do with steering or suspension, I'd opt to use Thor's hammer, mama's vise, and a torch. :devil: