Sign in to follow this  

200sx vs. 200xc

New to the forum. I'm looking at both of these two bikes but can't make a decision and could use some experienced advice. I'll be riding trails mostly, is there a major difference in trail performance of the sx? Anyone riding the sx primarily on trails? The sx is a 2004 model and the xc a 2006. The sx has very very low hours and the xc has less than 100 hours, so I'm told.

Thanks!

The sx will not have nearly as much trail capability and torque as the xc. No question if your riding woods, go with the xc. The sx is made for motocross it would be just like getting a 125 or 250 motocross bike

And whichever one you buy you should def do a top end on it. Because you can't trust what someone says that you don't know. It's better doing a top end and inspection for 130$ rather then having it blow

Up and cost you 500$

Thanks for the response! I went ahead and got the XC yesterday. Great advice, a top end will be done soon, as well as going through inspecting and greasing the bearings. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about this thing!

Welcome to the club!! Great choice top ends are easy on these check your power valves and yes grease your bearings give it a nice little check over. No matter what people say the XC is the best woods/woods racing bike ever produced. You will be plesentley surprised! If you have any other questions just ask!

• Like 1