Sign in to follow this  

'08 300xcw-e vs '12 300xc

Whats the better deal '08 300xcw with a low hour complete rebuild, extra pipe, big and stock tanks for $4500 canadian?

Or a '12 300xc with recent top end, no extras for $7000 canadian?

The '08 sounds better.

Is the '12 a much better bike?

What kind of riding are you going to do? Both are great bikes the W is more of a slower gnarlier terrain oriented bike and the XC is more comfortable going fast and has stiffer suspension. That should have a pretty big say in your decision. The 12 should have a 6 speed which is really nice and the W that year has a 5 with a big jump from 4 to 5. Overall though they are both great bikes.

That's a rip-off for either bike...

The '12 is a considerably better though.... I have owned both of the bikes your asking about...

$7000 canadian for a '12 is a rip off? Theyre $11200 new up here

nice.

The '08 for $4500 has a rekluse.

They're two completely different bikes. The 08 will be great if you never ride a new style chassis. If you do ride a 2012+, you'll regret buying the 08....

• Like 1

Bad time of year to look for a bike.

There were lots in November.

Maybe i'll get a new one or the Husky te300

Are the '14s really that much better than the '12 - '13s?

The 13/14 are pretty identical minus the 4C Fork. The 2012 is close enough to the 2013/2014 models but it was kinda a half breed as they did make frame changes for 2013. By leaps and bounds better, no....

Depending on your weight I have a lot of different springs for that bike. They are all too light for me though...

Hey I'm going to be on Salt spring on may long weekend. My wife's parents live there. You up for a ride if I bring my bike down? Ride on the main island of course as there is no where to ride on SS....

Depending on your weight I have a lot of different springs for that bike. They are all too light for me though...

Hey I'm going to be on Salt spring on may long weekend. My wife's parents live there. You up for a ride if I bring my bike down? Ride on the main island of course as there is no where to ride on SS....

i paid $6200. Sag and clickers were all outa wack, had goofy bar risers as well. Got it sorted and back to stock settings (to start with) even with heavy fork spings i still bottomed it hard in semi aggresive off roading.

Dont care much for the front how it pushes out.

Id love to go for a rip but im further north on Texad Island. I can see Parksville / Qualicum on the big island from my living room window.