Sign in to follow this  

Carb talk (not begging for jetting specs!)

So, first off... I have been trying to diagnose an overly rich condition with my bike. I am down to very lean settings, and still spooging and loading up like crazy. I noticed that my needle sits askew due to a mis-matched c-clip. So my new working theory is that the needle was rubbing in the needle jet and enlarged it and/or damaged the needle. Sound possible or likely to anyone? Not sure how to verify this other than looking for rub marks (which are clearly present in the needle jet orifice, the needle itself looks normal).

Second, I think I would like to try a smaller carb if I am replacing it. Any thoughts or experience with

PWK (non-airstriker) 36mm  -VS-  PWK airstriker 35mm for my 07CR250?

Either would be a new screw top generic. I am looking for the sharper throttle response and low rpm lugging I hear the 36's help with.

I have an 06 with a 38mm PWK on it.  I bought the YZ250 carb with the TPS so I could run it with the TPS.  With the cylinder base cut by .030 and the head cut for pump fuel, you don't need a 36mm carb in order to have enough low end for trails.  My 06 has plenty of low end for any type of riding and doesn't lose any top end due to a 36mm carb.  IMO, get the 38mm PWK, if you want more low end, and have not had the cylinder and head mods, EG only charges $75 for them. 

Nope, my crank seals are fresh and leak free.

frdbrtr, I have owned a 38PWK for several years now. Since it seems I may need a carb, I would like to try a 36. My questions were 35a/s VS 36.