Sign in to follow this  

Did the Dyno run, now what's it mean?

I've been having bogging issues with my bike since I installed the FCR-MX. I don't know anything about carbs but read the directions in FAQ and figured I could get it. Well I'm still getting bog after messin with it. So seen the mobile dyno at Bikefest and threw it on there. Maybe this is better info for the gurus than my noobie terminology. Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

I have an 05 SM with CW 434 kit, older Hotcams, FCR-MX, MRD/SSW, single layer base gasket, and live in Florida 0 ft above sea level.

155 main jet

200 main air

emp 3rd clip

45 pilot

2 turns on fuel screw

remove pilot air

o-ring mod

turn the AP screw in 1/2 turn

Your lean right off the get go then it goes rich then smooths out.its like your squirt timing may be off.i would also comfirm your pilot circuit( check the FAQ's)

Your fcr does not have a leak jet.

Edited by mickeydee

img175mjawe4.jpg

Just follow the link. Your afr should look like this

Edited by mickeydee

Ok, so how do I get it to look like that?

Also, this is the 50 HP build, why isn't my bike near that?

to get it to look like mine your going to have to check your squirt timing and duration.you want the squirt to just miss the slide when when opening the carb from closed to wide open quickly and also the length of time the squirt is(you want around one sec.if your  componants that you have make a 50hp build then 45hp is what you normally see on most dynos.my dyno run I posted was a 50hp build too but when jetted properly it only made 45.i could go leaner on the main and get more but then the motor runs hotter.you could go leaner on the main as well.im was at 1400ft at that dyno run and was running an145mj in the 39 fcrmx you could go down 1 or 2 mj's

Your issue is with bogging on throttle application...

That chart suggests a lean bog , try turning AP timing screw out to get an earlier squirt..start by 1/4 turn increments and testing .

Always remember your starting point...

As Mickeydee stated..."you want the squirt to just miss the slide when when opening the carb from closed to wide open quickly"

I think your main jet is close