I guarantee everyone here has felt this.

But i want to know other peoples experiences so has anyone got so passionate about a bike you bought off Craigslist or someone and you end up spending a total of almost a basically new low hour used bike at a dealer to make it perfect and pretty much brand new? Then face palmed yourself in the face for it?

No, but I know those who have. A thin wallet restrains me, which is why I was on Craigslist to start with.

funny thing is though u say &%$#@! it and just agree u now have a bike that is brand new and know that everything is good and not worrying about the shady stealer ships lying

Edited by chadster54321
  • Like 1

ame="Flagstaff" post="11557095" timestamp="1398569306"]

No, but I know those who have. A thin wallet restrains me, which is why I was on Craigslist to start with.

Funny thing is, even standing by my above post, I always set aside at least a grand to make a bike, new or used, Mine!

Mike

• Like 1

Ya, it's my YZ 250....

i want your bike lol. I guarantee all of us would also sell this bike at a ridiculous price. My price tag is $4000. I also took pictures with a time stamp as proof for what I've done. I am also going to run it till no parts available if it never did sell.

I did this with my bike. But now that it's running mint, no cares.

Even with the cost of parts for the rebuild and initial cost of the bike, it's still less then a newer bike that might need repairs anyway.

If we factor in time.... Naaaaah I don't want to.

• Like 1

My 2005 cr125 right now and I still need to put more money into it. I just finished rebuilding it today and my heart sank when it started making bad engine noises. It got 10 times better though when I went to check crank bearings and realize me and my dad never tightened the flywheel

yup got a new 98 cr250 for the price of used 07 LOl...

But when you get it and it drops a gut what are you going to do, you know going it your going to be working on it or you would have bought new.  Would have been nice to get more than two rides before the crank seized but that's they way it goes sometimes.  Sure hope that guy does better maintenance on his airplane than he did on this bike!!!  Looked great on the surface but inside was a mess.  All the bearings dry and shot, chain through the guides, piston shot, crank bearings shot

yup got a new 98 cr250 for the price of used 07 LOl...

But when you get it and it drops a gut what are you going to do, you know going it your going to be working on it or you would have bought new. Would have been nice to get more than two rides before the crank seized but that's they way it goes sometimes. Sure hope that guy does better maintenance on his airplane than he did on this bike!!! Looked great on the surface but inside was a mess. All the bearings dry and shot, chain through the guides, piston shot, crank bearings shot

I had a 93 y125 like that except the parts I needed were obsolete.

No, not really. Many of us build these bike because you just cannot buy exactly what we are looking for.I just finished building my 2004 CR250 woods bike and am happy with the decision. I came in about 300 dollars under the budget I set for the project. Now I have what is essentially a "New" bike for less than 1/2 of what a 2014 KTM 300XC-W Six Days would have cost and it's a HONDA!!

• Like 1