Sign in to follow this  

Is this too much gunk in a power valve?

03 kx250

Bike fouls plugs pretty bad and spooges a lot, just did a top end.  How does yours look compared to this?  bel ray h1r, 36:1 usually.  I have run 45:1 with no obvious improvement.

Sorry the pics are rotated, I dont know why it did that.  But you get the idea..

IMG_09071.JPG

IMG_09081.JPG

IMG_09091.JPG

Edited by itwillbeslow

03 kx250

Bike fouls plugs pretty bad and spooges a lot, just did a top end.  How does yours look compared to this?  bel ray h1r, 36:1 usually.  I have run 45:1 with no obvious improvement.

Sorry the pics are rotated, I dont know why it did that.  But you get the idea..

Does look pretty gunked up, i took mine apart and soaked in Wynns petrol EGR Cleaner, blasts the gunk straight off.

Yes, that's pretty bad, and should have been cleaned before now.

Your spooge and plug fouling, and the gunked up valves, are all from rich jetting, not from the amount of oil you mix. And mixing less oil in the gas will actually make those things worse, because it makes the jetting even richer.

Clean the power valves. Mix at 32:1 and fix the rich jetting. Your bike will thank you, and you'll be much happier at how much better your bike runs.