Sign in to follow this  

Speedo wiring

Just wondering whether anyone had a copy of a wiring diagram for a 2009 crf450x?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398583589.285536.jpg

Someone had stuffed around with the indicators which has stopped the speedo working

Hoping I could just check the current connections without having to trace the while lot back to the start

Not sure how stuffing round with the blinkers would stop the speedo working?

Were the blinkers changed, Removed or moved position?

It is more than likely the speedo or speedo sender that has stuffed up
I have the stock speedo & speedo pickup sender that goes down on the back wheel if you need, They were removed somewhere around 400-500 K's I think
Basically still new, You could have them cheap if you cant get yours sorted?

I fitted a Trailtech vapor speedo & dash setup on mine & I simply drew a bit of a diagram on some paper as I was wiring it up, There is not much to the 450X AUS wiring so it is not too hard to work out, Get yourself a good multimeter
I could hunt up the rough diagram I did too

Yeah, just started with the multi meter and tracing things back etc.

The indicators had been removed and put back on when I got the bike but guy said he couldn't get them to work. Assumed just didn't do it right.

Did read one of the posts in the forum that the horn and front indicators all ran through the speedo which could stop it to work so had fingers crossed.

The speedo shows when high beam is on but that's it

Don't think its a ground issue, turns out to be just a pain issue.

Think the person I bought it off has just connected whatever wires he had just so it looked like it may have been an easy fix eg blown fuse.

Found under the seat a stack of wires not connected to anything and front indicators looks like its attached to the horn. Surprised the headlight and electric start even worked.

Going to have to find a day to strip off all the body work and start all wiring again. Fixed up the front indicators to where they need to go but need more time.

Don't understand why people can't be honest when they sell stuff

Most of the wiring under the seat has been shoved down the side of the number plates in a bunch. Only had a couple running out.

Hopefully will get a chance this weekend to start testing and connecting it all up.

I have traced and sorted most of the wiring however can't seem to work out the remaining ones by the rear fender/air box

I have these two green and two brown wires plus a green/yellow wire

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399101399.325810.jpg

Looks like red wire traces back to speedo, blue headlight? But just can't work it out

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399101421.408792.jpg

Anyone with an Australian version of the crf450x able to help out?

Hey crf450inoz do you still have you Speedo for sale?

2hampsters how did you get on ?

Yeah all good, bike is sorted (that's to a new speedo cable from crf450xoz)

A few wires must be for euro model as they are not used