Sign in to follow this  

Engine Subtly Rattling. Cam Chain?

So I have a Husky TE 410 2000 left kicker which starts no problem second kick. However, i've noticed a bit of a rattle coming from the right side which my investigations within the forum lead me to believe is timing related.

I have found this quote in many threads -

"To check the cam chain- remove the nut on the cam chain tensioner, remove the spring. unbolt the tensioner and check how many teeth are left before it is completely extended- if you have three or less the chain is toast."

Which is a very helpful piece of diagnostic advice, however i cant seem to find where the chain tensioner nut is. Can anyone explain this to me with a picture or that?

Did you manage to sort it out, crispy?

It's well described in the manual and there are a few sites with the manual for free on the Web.

Yeah, i found it, i opened it to inspect it and there was plenty clicks left. After discussing the cam chain and when it was done with the previous owner (30 hours at most over three years) and listening to other TE410s that are running perfectly i have came to the conclusion that irs new buyers paranoia.

The engine sounds good, im just a bit too jump the gun and find problems where there are none.