Sign in to follow this  

For sale: Mike Coe 150f/251cc engine!

I have a fully done up crf150f motor by mike Coe bored and stroked to 251cc with his high performance cam and high compression piston , heavy duty kick start gears , etc. This motor makes around 27hp and is the fastest 150f motor u will find!! I was just rebuilt my frank at engines only with new rings, gaskets, cam chain, oil seals, etc was also converted to electric start so the motor is both electric start and kick start!! I can also throw in franks compression release lever if interested.

I was gonna put this motor in my Bbr frame but I need to sell it and put a cheaper motor in it cuz I have too many bills to pay. So I will either sell the motor or trade u for a good running crf150, xr200 or crf230f motor plus cash.

Considering stock 230f motors sell for over $1000 on eBay and this motor has over $1000 upgrades plus &700 labor from frank to rebuild I figure $1500 is a fair price.

Message me or call/text 408 628 8047.

I also have a sweet cr85 big wheel wheelset for sale that is brand new and has did dirt star rims and rad hubs and brand new Dunlop tires.

anyone???  If someone had a stock xr200 or crf230f motor that they would want to trade for my mike coe motor plus cash that would be AWESOME.   I still havent been able to ride my bbr conversion since I bought it because I dont have a motor to run (this motor is still at teh shop but will be done any day now.  BUT I got a $700 repair bill to pay for it before I can pick it up

I'm in-between 230s right now, so I don't currently own one, otherwise I'd work out a deal for your engine!  I'm still on the lookout for a local 230 at a decent price so I can begin my build. 

I've got some extra cash now, and I paid all my bills already, so I'm game...

What can we work out?

I've got some extra cash now, and I paid all my bills already, so I'm game...

What can we work out?

Lets do it.  THe motor is still at franks (engines only).  I guess there were a few extra parts I still needed to buy (ignition cover and starter clutch.  Nothing expensive).  Im guessing it will still be a week or so before its finished.  Send me a text and we will figure something out

Looking for a air cooled 230ish race motor. Will be going in a C&J frame built for 1979 XR185 motor. My question is did the deal go through on the Mike Coe crf150/251motor?

Paul ,Socal

Looking for a air cooled 230ish race motor. Will be going in a C&J frame built for 1979 XR185 motor. My question is did the deal go through on the Mike Coe crf150/251motor?

Paul ,Socal

Picked it up yesterday, got it all sorted out, (basket case) cleaned it up, ready for machine shop, (hone, valve job, lap all surfaces, order parts soon.) Good candidate for (another) 4 mm stroker.

Has a one off Coe Cam, will degree and get specs to compare to three other Coe cams that I have.

Looks to have large intake lift/duration but still has stock exhaust guide so exhaust lift is certainly less than .360

It was set up by Coe for BBR MX race team in 05 so hopefully it will be a mid range monster like my other BBR/ Coe engine of the same era?

• Like 1