Getting rid of the long front break line?

Good point, but if a branch snags that brake line, its probably taking you off the bike also hahaha!  Youd have to really get down low for a branch to get the brake line and not you with it.  The factory mirrors on the other hand, I was always beating on branches with them.

As the saying goes... "Anything is possible."  Not something Iv lost any sleep over thou personally, and mine sees a lot more hours offroad/trail riding, than on the street.

• Like 3

IMG_0472.JPGfrom  www.helusa.com, contact jim miller 1-814-489-3379

50" center to center of the fittings, 20 degree bottom and 90 degree top fittings. 90 degree top fitting allows the line to be rotated towards or away from the handle bar to clear accessories. outer protective casing starts 12" from the center of the upper 90 degree fitting. new stainless line allows your brake( feel) to be the way it should be, not mushy.photo is with forks fully extended.

Paul

• Like 3

📎IMG_0472.JPGfrom  www.helusa.com, contact jim miller 1-814-489-3379

50" center to center of the fittings, 20 degree bottom and 90 degree top fittings. 90 degree top fitting allows the line to be rotated towards or away from the handle bar to clear accessories. outer protective casing starts 12" from the center of the upper 90 degree fitting. new stainless line allows your brake( feel) to be the way it should be, not mushy.photo is with forks fully extended.

Paul

Mine is definitely much much longer than that. I can't remember where I ordered them from but this is unfortunate because the long line irritates the heck out of me.

📎IMG_0472.JPGfrom  www.helusa.com, contact jim miller 1-814-489-3379

Paul

Hey Paul.  Load up some detailed pics of your luggage setup in the luggage thread.  Looks like you have a sweet setup there.  Wolfman?  

Back on topic.

• Like 2

I ordered mine directly through HEL.

You can have a look at the length I went with.

Seek and ye shall find

So how do I see what you ordered and does any one know how much shorter than stock it should be to look right I'm thinking 46" overall

You will be so happy with some different bars and risers.  I got 2" Rox Risers and CR Mid bend ProTaper Contour fat bars, which I think by themselves are slightly taller than stock.  Makes the bike feel so much better when standing up and riding thru rough stuff.  The stock bars were just to low and standing up felt real awkward.  When you can stand up and feel good it makes riding rough/technical terrain so much better!

• Like 3

Na. I did same thing. All I had to do was cut black ties that hold cables to handlebars. With added height, the ties aren't needed anymore anyways. Win win.

Yeah same here. The throttle cables are really taut if steered fully left, so I think taller risers could pose a problem, but mine were 1.6" and things still reach.

• Like 2