Sign in to follow this  

Picked up a new DRZ yesterday

Picked up a brand new 2012 S model yesterday for a dealer in southeast VA. Got it for $4900 ($5200 out the door) with 0.2 miles on it, I can't believe it lasted for a week before I could get to the dealer to buy it for that price as "good used ones" go for $4k+ in this area. I took the financing option even though I plan to pay it off within a year or 2 to avoid the crazy 7.99% interest. Would have paid cash for it, but there weren't any banks nearby that were open on a Saturday.

This is my 3rd DRZ, but my first brand new one, but I just have to ask what Suzuki was thinking making the DRZ black, especially the S. I really wanted one of the white ones but they seem to be pretty rare regardless of year. I guess I'll finally get make use of that can of Plexus in my garage cabinet...

Let the mods begin!  Pics in my garage...  :ride:

• Like 1

I'll trade you for my white one, with the low low mileage of 18,130. :D

• Like 1

Picked up a brand new 2012 S model yesterday for a dealer in southeast VA. Got it for $4900 ($5200 out the door) with 0.2 miles on it, I can't believe it lasted for a week before I could get to the dealer to buy it for that price as "good used ones" go for $4k+ in this area. I took the financing option even though I plan to pay it off within a year or 2 to avoid the crazy 7.99% interest. Would have paid cash for it, but there weren't any banks nearby that were open on a Saturday.

This is my 3rd DRZ, but my first brand new one, but I just have to ask what Suzuki was thinking making the DRZ black, especially the S. I really wanted one of the white ones but they seem to be pretty rare regardless of year. I guess I'll finally get make use of that can of Plexus in my garage cabinet...

Let the mods begin!  Pics in my garage...  :ride:

Forrest at wheeling cycle can sell you a set of white plastics. They are UFO brand I have them on my bike. Don't paint the OEM ones it will look like chit. Sell the OEM black ones to fund the white ones. 3 DRZ's :jawdrop:  Surprised there is still 2012's on any show room floor must be located out in the sticks...

• Like 3

Forrest at wheeling cycle can sell you a set of white plastics. They are UFO brand I have them on my bike. Don't paint the OEM ones it will look like chit. Sell the OEM black ones to fund the white ones. 3 DRZ's :jawdrop:  Surprised there is still 2012's on any show room floor must be located out in the sticks...

That's where I got my set, he's the only place to get a "set" that I'm aware of, and believe me, I looked. You might have to do a little surgery on the back fender, at least I had to, but with it being plastic it was no biggie.

Agree with the Doctor.....painting will look like Chit! :rolleyes:

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 1

Oh I have no plans to change to white, just wish I could have snagged one of the white ones, but its not a showstopper. The problem with swapping the plastics is I actually like the OEM graphics and of course the tank would still be black.  I may keep any eye out on ebay the classifieds for someone wanting to off load a set of white plastics + tank.  Until then, its plexus time  :)

• Like 2

Oh I have no plans to change to white, just wish I could have snagged one of the white ones, but its not a showstopper. The problem with swapping the plastics is I actually like the OEM graphics and of course the tank would still be black.  I may keep any eye out on ebay the classifieds for someone wanting to off load a set of white plastics + tank.  Until then, its plexus time  :)

I have a black tank and white plastics if you want to see what that combo looks like.............

IMSampWhitesuit010_zpsb47c3052.jpg

• Like 5

what is plexus?

I have a black tank and white plastics if you want to see what that combo looks like.............

This is the most bada$$ Z I've seen yet. I'm in lust.

• Like 3

Nice!! Looking good Signman!  Definitely gives me some direction once the black plastics go south. Im assuming that's black vinyl on the tank? Anyone ever tried to remove those vinyl stickers before? How hard are they to remove?  Do they leave a residue??

• Like 2

Nice!! Looking good Signman!  Definitely gives me some direction once the black plastics go south. Im assuming that's black vinyl on the tank? Anyone ever tried to remove those vinyl stickers before? How hard are they to remove?  Do they leave a residue??

Nope, the tank is just solid black straight from IMS. I did put some carbon fiber on the side panels, sort of to blend in with pipe I wrapped. It's your typical Yoshi, RS3 in stainless.

As far as sticker removal go, they probably will leave some glue residual, but you could use goo-gone, or even paint thinner, and it softens up enough and comes off.

This is the most bada$$ Z I've seen yet. I'm in lust.

Yes it is extremely nice setup, and color combo

• Like 2

You can just buy generic silicone spray to give plastics a nice shine. My buddy puts a whole bottle on every inch of a bike before he sells it. (Minus the tires of course)