Sign in to follow this  

05 to 08 CRF450R Frame Swap

I have a chance to get a really cheap 2008 frame and was wondering if everything would swap straight over from my 2005? Anything i would need to modify or replace? What are the main differences? Other than the improved head design on the 08 model. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

As far as I know the 05-08 4th gen alum. frame are the same. 

• Like 1

I have a chance to get a really cheap 2008 frame and was wondering if everything would swap straight over from my 2005? Anything i would need to modify or replace? What are the main differences? Other than the improved head design on the 08 model. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

The main difference is the engine is mounted at a different angle which requires the use of the 08 upper engine mounts, the 05 engine will then bolt in without mods. The other difference is the mid pipe mount is located on the main frame of the 05 but on the sub frame on the 08, you'll need to fabricate a mount or use the 08 sub frame.

• Like 1

The main difference is the engine is mounted at a different angle which requires the use of the 08 upper engine mounts, the 05 engine will then bolt in without mods. The other difference is the mid pipe mount is located on the main frame of the 05 but on the sub frame on the 08, you'll need to fabricate a mount or use the 08 sub frame.

Great information, thanks!

Is this what I would need?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141048075412