Sign in to follow this  

Tire tube question

Does anybody know how much a shop will charge to put some tire tubes on my tires?? I've been trying myself and I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong but I've popped 3 tubes now and it's pissing me off quick

Does anybody know how much a shop will charge to put some tire tubes on my tires?? I've been trying myself and I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong but I've popped 3 tubes now and it's pissing me off quick

I learned from some Utube videos. Are you partially inflating the tube after you get it in the tire? That’s prior to spooning the tire on and helps keep the tube it away from the spoon.

Get some tube patches and practice on tubes you just bought, that’s what I did and patches hold just fine.

But to answer your question, too much for me - about $20-30 per tire from what I’ve’ seen

Edited by AXAxiom

Yea I did add a little bit into it I guess my spoon is just pinching it or something idk but I'll just pay the shop because honestly I'm tired of ordering new tubes and messing em up lol sometimes you just got to admit when you have no idea what your doing

Yea I did add a little bit into it I guess my spoon is just pinching it or something idk but I'll just pay the shop because honestly I'm tired of ordering new tubes and messing em up lol sometimes you just got to admit when you have no idea what your doing

Get some tube patches and practice on tubes you just bought, that’s what I did and patches hold just fine.

• Like 1

alright I'll give it one more try thanks man

What he said +Lube the tire with Windex or some other glass cleaner. Get a Beadbuddy. Trust me it's money well spent. Remember to keep the tire bead pushed down into the rim. Makes job a lot easier. There are several good videos on YouTube. And wear gloves. Your hands will thank you. Once you learn it's not too tough.

Watch these videos:

Edited by Keith72
  • Like 1

What he said +Lube the tire with Windex or some other glass cleaner. Get a Beadbuddy. Trust me it's money well spent. Remember to keep the tire bead pushed down into the rim. Makes job a lot easier. There are several good videos on YouTube. And wear gloves. Your hands will thank you. Once you learn it's not too tough.

Watch these videos:

cool man thanks for all the video links it's gonna help a lot

cool man thanks for all the video links it's gonna help a lot

Your welcome. The first one I did sucked. My knuckles were bloody as he'll. That's why I wear gloves now. And the bead buddy pays for itself the first time you use it. The more you do the easier it gets. A tire changing stand helps but isn't necessary. Milk crates work too. I have a portable craftsman project table that I use. It has holes on top that I shove the axle through to secure it. Helps a lot.