Sign in to follow this  

Supercross It's just a job

What lack luster interviews RV gave us. He said basically that mommy and dad pushed him to make grandpa happy and now the season is a job and I'm glad it's over. Kawasaki gut it's other racing teams to fund him millions and it's just a job. I got job for him hanging. Even the crowd went silent when he pulled the hole shot in the main.

What lack luster interviews RV gave us. He said basically that mommy and dad pushed him to make grandpa happy and now the season is a job and I'm glad it's over. Kawasaki gut it's other racing teams to fund him millions and it's just a job. I got job for him hanging. Even the crowd went silent when he pulled the hole shot in the main.

You have to respect his honesty about it all though. The guy is just the best at his job, which will allow him to retire early an be known as the best ever in his profession.

• Like 13

guys think they would love to be pro racer because they love riding their bike WHEN they can .............. but they would probably feel the same as RV if they HAD to ride it all the time and it started to feel like a job  

• Like 10

guys think they would love to be pro racer because they love riding their bike WHEN they can .............. but they would feel the same as RV if they HAD to ride it all the time and it started to feel like a job  

Alomst exactly, fixed it for ya.

• Like 4

You have to respect his honesty about it all though. The guy is just the best at his job, which will allow him to retire early an be known as the best ever in his profession.

The best in his profession? Excluding js7,im assuming you've never heard of rc and jm?

• Like 1

What do you want?  RV crying and sobbing like Alessi?  Thanking the guy upstairs when things go good, no bad like RD?  Or babbling like he is on crack like JB?  Etc. Etc.  Crap... The guy is flat out the best rider out there right now, bar none.  Yes, his interviews are dry and boring.  But, most of all his interviews are honest (as mentioned before).  In the end he owes no one nothing.  If he quits and walks away tomorrow good on him.  In the end I'm sure he is comfortable with in his own skin and could care less what folks think....

• Like 13

The best in his profession? Excluding js7,im assuming you've never heard of rc and jm?

Even bringing up JS7 to RV is laughable... With the competition RV has faced and the number of titles and most likely more titles he is the best in his profession right now, and before he is done will be the best of all time

• Like 4

your relationship with something completely changes once you are doing it to make a living.

I used to love building and fixing computers, setting up networks when I was younger and did it as a hobby. Now it sucks.

• Like 5

Even bringing up JS7 to RV is laughable... With the competition RV has faced and the number of titles and most likely more titles he is the best in his profession right now, and before he is done will be the best of all time

Again,he will NEVER be on par with the GOAT,dont care how long he decides to stick it out,"Field is getting way to stacked".

As for your js7 comment,though poto is a better racer,you nor anyone else could convince me poto has more talent or possesses the raw speed js7 is known for.

Gotta love opinions.

• Like 1

I like the dude's honesty. Do anything stressful for any length of time and it becomes a job. He will retire as the best of his era, and one of the best ever.

• Like 12

JS fans want to give JS props for being second to MC .............. but they dont want to give Poto props if he ends up second to the GOAT  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

JS fans want to give JS props for being second to MC .............. but they dont want to give Poto props if he ends up second to the GOAT :rolleyes:

Scratch that,i saw the race for the first time 5 minutes ago.Its Alessi's the lappers fault!!! Im convinced Alessi the holeshot king was put out front to serve as cannon fodder.

RV would have quickly turned RC into a consistent second place finisher had the two been racing. 

RC couldn't even hand JS7 had it not been for his inconsistency and crashes.  RV is battling a field stacked

10 deep of the some of the best riders the sport has ever seen and he makes them all look slow.  RC had

KW, CR22 and JS7, that is about it. 

Edited by Rocker01

Just think how fast he'd be if his heart was in it more... Just sayin

• Like 1

Again,he will NEVER be on par with the GOAT,dont care how long he decides to stick it out,"Field is getting way to stacked".

As for your js7 comment,though poto is a better racer,you nor anyone else could convince me poto has more talent or possesses the raw speed js7 is known for.

Gotta love opinions.

Seriously lol? Gotta love opinions like yours actually, super close minded. Have you not heard how RC and MC talk to / about RV with the up most respect, he is a 4 time champion in the most skilled / stacked age of the sport, with the bikes being faster than theyve EVER been, tracks more technical etc. In scale that is pretty much on par with RC or mcgrath in my opinion. There will always be people to climb the record ranks.

• Like 1

RV's life is a bootcamp (literally) fans wouldn't last a week the way he lives his life. He also has the world on his shoulders. How can you have passion when everything is on you. The records, the team, the sponsors, his fans, his haters, the skeptics, his future and well being. 

Like he said, the pressure and stress is taking it's tole on him. Can you blame him? No one else has the pressure he does. 

It's more of a relief then it is an accomplishment at this point. He has won more titles then everyone except RC. 

Edited by Racer_ex
  • Like 6

RV isnt going to cry like a little b**** about another one of his many titles. He put in the work and did what he was payed to do. What he promised his team and sponsors. 

RV isn't part of the circus act, he doesn't care if you give him attention or not, he doesn't seek it either. He is who he is and he isn't going to change that cause certain people want him to be a dancing monkey pulled by their strings. 

• Like 9

When you take your hobby and turn it into a business, it changes. I was a mogul ski coach and ski school director. How could skiing every day not be fun? If it is a blizzard or icy snow, I was out there. Battle with a resort owner that hated ski instructors. Being a mogul coach destroyed my body. My boss laughed as he told me I beat the entire race department with trips to the first aid room 3 to 0. LOL. I was one of the best in the nation, I don't ski anymore.

RV probably has little down time during the year. Chad Reed burned out. James Stewart burned out. RV is probably burning out, but has a end game in the works. Plus, he is riding at a super high level. Only RV and JS look that smooth at the front.

• Like 2

A job is a job no matter what it is or how much money you get paid

• Like 1