Sign in to follow this  

01 blown gasket? Lots of oillll

Well I just bought my 125 back that I sold to my buddy a while ago. Has hot rod crank and bearings, wesico piston, with a freshly plated cylinder to match, thanks to powersealUSA

Bike ran great at the end of last season and only has around 6 hours on her

Here is some pics

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623634.586489.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623643.369007.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623654.153554.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623663.137481.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623674.688433.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623683.805739.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623695.206982.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623713.391422.jpgy

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623741.994247.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398623768.313915.jpg

I'm thinking a new top end gasket kit and this rubber seal, and I should be good but I would like some input from you guys. The bike wanted to run before I pulled the motor but wouldn't start. If you bump started it it would run for a few seconds and just big out as soon as you stopped rolling and giving her gas wasn't doing anything

I'm confused. Your thread title talks about "blown gasket, lots of oil", but your post is nothing but pictures of the top-end, and then you talk about starting troubles?

I have no idea where to begin or what to answer... :excuseme:

I'm confused. Your thread title talks about "blown gasket, lots of oil", but your post is nothing but pictures of the top-end, and then you talk about starting troubles?

I have no idea where to begin or what to answer... :excuseme:

Sorry, what im getting at is the fact that the bike stopped running and there is oil all over the front of the motor, and seems it came from the cover that goes over the push rod assembly, I'm just wondering if a new gasket kit and the rubber housing seal would be the fix or if anyone thinks anything else is the problem

I don't think the oil is related to your running issues, it's nothing more than spooge leaking from the power valve system.

As far as starting, did you start with the basics? Fresh fuel, put a new plug in it, make sure the air filter is clean and no rodents built a nest in the air box over the winter, compression is good, etc.?

I don't think the oil is related to your running issues, it's nothing more than spooge leaking from the power valve system.

As far as starting, did you start with the basics? Fresh fuel, put a new plug in it, make sure the air filter is clean and no rodents built a nest in the air box over the winter, compression is good, etc.?

That's exactly what I was thinking, but i wanted to make sure. Freshly oiled filter and fresh gas mixed 32:1

But u have not got a new plug yet. Plug is black.

The thing is though is that it wasn't a small leak, it happened all at once when the bike stopped running and there is also a fair amount of oil around near the clutch cover which looked like it could have came from the countershaft seal

If this was a sudden increase in the amount of oil you may have a failed tranny side crank seal.

That could explain the starting problem and the black plug as well.

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 1

I was thinking that could be a possibility, I'll have to go pull her apart more and check the seals out

Wrong seal. Oil can only get in through the tranny side.

Woops, I'll tear into the other one real quick Edited by Bazuka Joe

Wrong seal. Oil can only get in through the tranny side.

Here's the seal, it looks like it's still good

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398639765.488471.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398639788.390972.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398639805.991916.jpg

My 250 did this to me. Put new oil seals and o-rings on the power valve itself and it cleared the problem right up.

Oil seals as in crank seals right?

The power valve has 2 orings right?

Looks like I am missing a seal!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398641233.787105.jpg

Could this be my problem?!? It ran fine before without it hah

Keep in mind this is the first motor I ever broke into and rebuilt, I was learning as I went

I didn't have to replace any crank seals. I'm talking about the two o-rings on the valve. My bike is a little different but I'm thinking part number 93210-15639-00 on the o-ring and 5CU-11995-00-00 for the seal housing. See if those numbers (Yamaha OEM) will work for you.

Those numbers are for your '01.

So your talking about the seal housing

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398642189.995913.jpg

And the o ring that goes between the cylinder and the head?