Sign in to follow this  

Switching from Honda 450 to Kawasaki?

Ive owned 2 crf's now, an 04 and an 07, and now I want to try something different. Ive always heard the Kawi's were bigger and thats perfect because i'm 6'4 215lb. I would like to get a kawasaki 450 because neither of the hondas felt quite right. I do mostly track riding and would consider myself an upper C class rider. Ive done the research on the kawasakis (2007-2009) and it sounds like their transmissions are geared super tall more like a 4 speed which is pretty much the only thing holding me back from getting one. What I would like to know are 2 things; basic opinions of the kawasaki 450 in the 07-09 era, and if the transmission can be dealt with by changing the gearing with sprockets.

09 kawi is the same as an 11, the 09 era goes 09 to 11 so it is very different from an 07 or 08. I'm on a honda 450 now but my last few bikes were kawis, two 09s and one 11, I loved the kawis for power and size, I'm 6'2 250 A class mx rider and only thing I did to them was suspension and a pipe, my honda has a lot of stuff done for it to compare. I will be on a new kawi next year