Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse xrings

Dropped the oil in my steed Friday afternoon. Inspected the filter as usual and there they were....I knew what they were right away....bits of the rubber 'x-rings' that sit in the inner hub underneath the stack.

I was alarmed to find only 2 remaining when I pulled the clutch apart.

I immediately called Rekluse and described the situation. They were not concerned. I was instructed to remove them and not run them again. I am worried about the debris blocking passages and screens. I was told the 4 rings would be chewed up by the transmission and would pass through and whatever was left will be caught in the screens and filter.

They have had this issue before with no catastrophic failures. I am concerned though. I will keep dumping the oil and inspecting screens/ filters until I am satisfied that it is all set.

Do not run the XRings. I now have to hope that the transmission ate them. He said the rubber was soft and no worries. I am worried.

I will continue to rail on this bike like a skeleton horse at the gates of hell.. And report back...wish me luck.

Edited by mikerides33
  • Like 2

Mike, I am glad you posted this as anything in floating around the engine that isnt supposed to be there would bother me big time. I hope everything is ok with your ride, and it isnt an issue.

Edited by LSeca

Core EXP. ZStart does not have XRings.

My Zstart has 3 Little O-rings that sit on the inner hub beneath the stack. Supposed to help with chatter. Same thing as an X-ring I think?

That's cool. I wonder if that is something they added. I ran a ZStart years ago and did not have them. Pretty cool. Take them out haha!!

Mike, I am glad you posted this as anything in floating around the engine that isnt supposed to be there would bother me big time. I hope everything is ok with your ride, and it isnt an issue.

Thank you Gary. Indeed. I keep taking the kids for rides around the house/ woods and checking. Keep you posted. I wonder if they would buy me a new motor if it blew up from oil starvation.
  • Like 1

That's sort of how the cams seized on the 350. It was a piece of the clutch gasket. Good to know mike about the xrings!! I can't remember but were they in the exp ring? Any way to peak in the oil passages? That's going to drive you crazy, won't ever leave your mind now. I had a lot of gasket in my 350. I remember the head was covered in it.

Mike- I'm glad you posted this! I'm taking those buggers out. I agree you don't want stuff floating around blocking oil passages. It wouldn't take much those oil passages are small. Thanks for posting!

• Like 1