Sign in to follow this  

2008 yz250f what kind of oil to use and how much?

I have a 2008 yz250f and I just can't seem to find out how much oil to use when I change the oil, or what kind of oil to use when I change my oil.

I have a 2008 yz250f and I just can't seem to find out how much oil to use when I change the oil, or what kind of oil to use when I change my oil.

If you are changing the oil and filter it takes 1.21 quarts. or 1.15 litres. I personally use Rotella T. I have the same year and bike as you. Somewhere on this board is a thread from a couple years back that did a comparison test on all the different oils, he actually had a lab test them after riding them. Rotella T comes out as one of the best. Others use Yamalube, Mobil One, etc. Pick one and go for it.

Weight depends on temp

Ok thanks feed for the feed back and I was told amsoil was good so I'm probably gonna try that.

Get what ever is cheap. Rotella T is cheap and you can get it by the gallon at walmart for like 24$. 1.22qts with filter, but always check your oil window. There are 2 drain ports, but only 1 fill port. DOnt forget that