Sign in to follow this  

Who Makes The Lightest Riding Pants/Jerseys?

Like the title says, I'm looking for light-weight, or thin (breathable) riding pants. We are just getting into the summer here and temps will be triple digit. Anything I can do to keep my core temp down while riding I'm all for.

I currently have about 5 pair of riding pants-2 of which are Troy Lee Designs. I can tell you because I just weighed a pair of those pants they come in at just a tick over 7 lbs.!!!!!!! Just for a pair of pants! So, I won't be wearing those again until winter time comes back.

My kids have some Answer jerseys that seem to be made of a very fine fish-net like material that is extremely light weight, and breathable. I'm looking for something similar to that in both jerseys and pants.

I'll be ordering off the internet so it's hard to know the feel, material, or weight, until it arrives and I'd like to avoid the entire return process if possible.

If anyone has any first hand experience with thin/light weight riding clothes, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Edited by Kawabuggy
  • Like 1

I don't know anything personally. If I were being that picky I'd simply look for any pants with as little rubber logos as possible. But pants are going to be thicker and heavier for added protection versus a jersey. Thin material won't hold up well when in contact with the bike while riding.

But I could be wrong with all that. I don't worry about little things like that I guess. I'd probably never notice anyway.

I wear Thor Phase Vented.

The set I bought in 2013 is still servicable, although not pretty...if that's your thing.  I did repair a tear.

I bought another set on closeout, so am set for this year and next...maybe.

Edit:  I forgot what year it was.   :lol:

Edited by SpunBearing
  • Like 1

Traditionally moose Sahara has been top pick for venting.many manufacturers have a vented line of gear these days. The fly vented gear is my pick.

One industries vapor gear is designed to be the lightest available, not sure about breath ability as I haven't tried them.

I am going out on a limb and gonna guess Klim will have some good vented gear, but it will come at a price....

Yeah,  Klim Mojave,  spectacularly durable,  mesh vents,  great pair of warm weather pants.  They also have an inside the boot version, can't recall the name right now

The Alias A1 gear is very light. The pants have a lot of ventilation. Excellent for summer heat & humidity. Much lighter than my older No Fear pants.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up buying 3 pair of the Fly Racing Lite Hydrogen pants and matching jerseys.

I see several posters make reference to how long they will last.. I really don't care if they only last a single season as long as they can get me through the next 7 months is all I really need. I'm okay with having to buy several new sets of pants & jerseys each year as long as I don't die of heat-stroke..

Will post back and let everyone know my thoughts on the Fly Lite gear once it arrives.

JT has some gear which is really light.

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up buying 3 pair of the Fly Racing Lite Hydrogen pants and matching jerseys.

I see several posters make reference to how long they will last.. I really don't care if they only last a single season as long as they can get me through the next 7 months is all I really need. I'm okay with having to buy several new sets of pants & jerseys each year as long as I don't die of heat-stroke..

Will post back and let everyone know my thoughts on the Fly Lite gear once it arrives.

Will be awaiting your write up

Love my fly lite hydrogen gear,  "lite" is right. I do have some Moose Sahara gear on the way to compare, as Im looking for the most venting possible in a set of gear.

Will be awaiting your write up