Sign in to follow this  

Rm 250 Connecting Rod

2003 rm250

Bout used not running!

Very low compression (VERY LOW)

Pulled top end off today and cylinder is in good shape. Piston is a little beat up. But what I noticed is that the connecting rode was very loose and you can pull and wiggle back and forth a lot. Also there was a bunch of brownish looking material sitting on the sides of the crank shaft when I pulled the cylinder. Engine is not locked up or anything.

Any idea what the material was that was on the crank shaft? I used a magnet to pick them but but it didn't work so I'm guessing it's aluminum.

Also could the bit still run with a loose crank if I rebuild the top end

Which way can you wiggle it? Inline with the crank? Okay. Any other direction(Sortof wobble, up and down)? Bad. 

Which way can you wiggle it? Inline with the crank? Okay. Any other direction(Sortof wobble, up and down)? Bad.

Yes, up and down, and side to side. What causes this to happen?

General wear on the big end bearing long story short you need to do a bottom end, and i have no idea what Brown stuff your asking about, any pictures of it?

General wear on the big end bearing long story short you need to do a bottom end, and i have no idea what Brown stuff your asking about, any pictures of it?

I will take pictures tomorrow for you. But I figured I would have to split the cases. Let you know how it goes

rebuild the crank, prox rod kit, I use www.kenoconnorracing.com great work. new crank bearings and seals. While your out consider doing all the bearings and shift forks.