Sign in to follow this  

Supercross That 0mph off camber turn was so wierd.

I thought the track in MetLife was awesome.  A bit different than all the others....just a bit.

That one turn where the guys went tip toeing around it to stay on the top of it, rubbing right around the post, that was wierd.  First couple times I saw that I was like WTH?!  There was a remote camera on a swivel there.  It would focus on the rider taking the corner normal like....and then some guy would be RIGHT under the camera in first gear walking the bike around the top edge of the inside of the turn.  I thought somebody messed up and was off track.

But eventually they showed a different camera view and could see what the deal was.

Just don't see that very often, a 1st gear turn with your feet down....not in SX anyhow.  HareScrambles=sure all the time with feet off pegs.

But that was wierd.

Or is it weird?

whatever

I liked it! Unlike a majority of the tracks this year it gave a spot for different lines, just like how roczen would triple in. I think the whole track was great actually.

• Like 2

That inside line was not intended by the track crew.  They moved the tuff block out after just about every race.  Riders still kept cutting the corner as much as possible rubbing against and moving the tuff block. But it was a fast way around the corner.  Saw many passes happen there.

The sweet line was RV and KR tripling into the corner.  

The other sweet line there was Setwart and Canard in the heat race cutting the corner and tripling out of the section.

Yes,  I don't think the track builder anticipated guys clicking down to first gear and tip-toeing around the top of the inside berm.

Was wierd I'm telling you.

Then once, was it JS7, trippled out after that.  Emig & Co were like "WHOOA, ID YOU SEE THAT?!  MUST have been first gear?!!"

Like it was so different to have a turn where they were going 0mph.  And tapping down to first gear is unheard of.

So, that was kind of cool.

Would be neat if they TRIED to make some section of track different. 

I always think split lanes, with different rythem sections, are cool.

Wall jumps are not to common, but a nice change of pace.

Seems they often try to put a sand section in...but it is a half ass atempt.  Would be more involved if it were a real sand section of two straights and a turn.  More than just a quick 200' feet of it.

I'm always thinking they should put a ski jump in somewhere sometime....just to mix it up a bit.

Dragon backs are neat.  If can clear them, makes for a faster line.

How about a jump/bump/mound half way around a bowl turn....like at the 90degree mark on a 180degree corner?  WHy not....mix it up a bit.

MonsterMillion is cool as the track is often WAY different.

Not looking to make SX like the Nationals or arean cross....just seems all the tracks are so similiar.  Neat to see that one turn last weekend where thinking outside the box netted a new line.

Agreed the small triple in was a great line, but not many took it...wonder why.

I think more emphasis needs to be put on rhythm sections. I think NY nailed it, but no other track this year had been quite as good.