Sign in to follow this  

MRD SSW Open Insert Install

This may be a stupid question, but could someone explain the reason and how to insert the "open insert" for the SSW exhaust?  I was in the process of ordering new packing and saw the open insert on the website realizing that I have two of these things and never utilized them when I installed the pipe :excuseme:   Thanks in advance.

The set screws to remove and reinstall are behind or inside of the holes that mount the tip to the can. I destroyed mine trying to get it apart until I found out this info. Just reach the same hex key into the holes and back them out. Insert slips out once released. There can be between 1 and 3 set screws. Good luck.

Oh okay.... So the two rings or adapters you could say that came with the pipe are to be used if installing the q-insert?

Conversation was " oh ya I see you most mornings when I am out for my run".

Me  "yup I'm the guy riding the bike dressed in black".

Her "There are "2" guys in my neighborhood that leave for work at 530 am.  Both wear all black and "funky" (motocrossy?) helmets.  One on a big quiet bike with lots of lights, one on a really loud one."

You should have seen the look on her face when she figured out both were me.

Jet according to which way you run the pipe.  I really notice it when I run the quiet insert.

Edited by Plane Dr

Haha. Multiple identities on the DRZ isn't a bad idea. I am going to stay open to eliminate having to take that carb back out anytime soon! Thanks for the info everyone