Sign in to follow this  

Shoei or arai?

I can get an alright price on an aria my buddy's dad is a arai helmet dealer and he doesn't believe in making money off of anybody that wants to buy a nice helmet, but for 50 more dollars I can get the shoei I want ? I think they both fit the same I've tried them both on. Tell me what ya think. I'm looking at getting a solid color. The arai is gonna cost around 375$ and the shoei is 420

Arai fits my head better with their long oval models. Try them all

Some must watch while others must sleep

I can't speak for Arai but I can for Shoei; great helmets. My father and mother have both used them for years in on road applications and after being launched off my bike onto my head in a shoei, I was fine. I didn't break my neck, I didn't have a concussion and I was fine. I bet if I had a cheap helmet on I wouldn't have been so lucky. I discarded the helmet and although the price is quite a bit, I don't mind spending it to know I won't die. $420 isn't too bad of a price,. 

Try them both, see which one fits and buy it. They're both high end, top quality helmets. I just always found shoei fit me great so I went with them too. 

The one that fits your head right... Some brands/models will fit your head shape better than others, you need to try them on. Same for goggles once you figure out which helmet works.

I used a Shoei VFX-W for a season and a half and it was definitely a top notch helmet.  Currently running an Airoh Aviator and would be hard pressed to switch to anything else. If I switch to a new brand it would probably be the Arai.  Arai or Shoei, you won't go wrong with either.

The one that fits your head right... Some brands/models will fit your head shape better than others, you need to try them on. Same for goggles once you figure out which helmet works.

this^^^.

arai and shoei are designed for different shaped heads. try a couple on from both manufacturers and you'll probably find out which one you are.