Sign in to follow this  

04 yz250 carb specs?

Hi im new here heard nothing but great things about this site. Just bought the bike. When at top speed it sputters and for best results my fuel screw is all the way in. Throttle bogs bad only in first gear tho. The rest of the gears the throttle seems more responsive. But I just wanna get the bike more throttle response and not to sputter at high speed. I live in southern California san Bernardino county. If someone could help me out by telling me all the stock specs... jets, turns, clicks and also what youd think would be best for my bike considering where I live. Bikes stock other than a complete rebuilt engine and the guy before me messing with the jets. Id greatly appreciate it thanks in advance.

If the fuel screw is in all the way, your pilot jet is to rich (I think. Might be the other way around) check the pinned thread "jetting d base" in this forum. Try to match up altitude and temps with that of your own and you should get a good idea of where your supposed to be. I'm at 500 feet and jetted for 80 degrees. I have an 06 pilot- 45 main-180 leak-60 needle 3 pos obelq and I think my starter jet is like a 102? I also have the prong mod

The manual says... turn fuel screw out 1 5/8 from lightly seated. Would lightly seated be all the way in or just untill you feel tension on the screw? Thanks

You will know when the pilot jet is seated. It's like running into a soft wall.

Remember that you are turning into a spring, but when you run into the soft wall that is fully seated.

Oldnbold. Thanks im fighting with it right now. Iv got a brand new stock main jet and stock pilot jet. Iv adjusted my diaphragm linkage to no play. And my fuel screw is 2 turns out. Iv got it hot and itll idle right but as soon as I give it throttle it revs high and wont come down till after a while. What could this be?