Sign in to follow this  

Who can guess who built this motor?...

This thread is going out to the older crowd here who has been around 2strokes for a while. This engine was built by one of the greatest 2stroke engine builders in history. He is actually in the book of " The Evolution of 2strokes." For the older guys out here that would Mabey know the name of his old company here's a pic of the engravings he used to do to all the motors he built. I'm just curious to see if anyone on these boards would know about him!!!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398666809.851585.jpg

Well I know that this motor is special and one of a kind considering this is his sons old bike. His son sold it to me 2 years ago and said that his dad custom built this motor to be 2 motors in one with the change of a head gasket it. All depending on if he was gonna be riding MX or SX. I've know his son for many years, he lives a block away from me. He's actually the one helping me with my build. Really nice guy. Wish I could've met his father. From what I read online and what his son tells me he truly was a 2stroke God.

• Like 1