Sign in to follow this  

anyone else have problems with xena disc alarms?

Anyone else having problems with Xena disc alarms? I have found them next to useless, as a pile others seem to from reading around the forums.

I'm on my third Xena disc lock alarm now. The first one would go off at random intervals, annoying the neighbours in the middle of the night. I took it back under warranty and after a few weeks had the same issue. I went through all the suggested solutions on the Xena website, with no luck. 

I exchanged it again and had more luck with the third one. It very occasionally had false alarms, although suddenly now that the warranty period is over it is going off at least twice a day. 

Do any Xena dlsc lock alarm users find they work okay? Or that there was some trick to getting them to work? I emailed their support line two weeks and never heard back so it looks like they don't give a shit about their product.

Like many, I've now just taken the battery out and use it as a basic disc alarm. I've bought disc alarms from Aldi for a third of the price, and they have been extremely reliable for the past year.

medscaleXena-XR1-Motorcycle-Disc-Lock-Al

not impressed with xena at all. i emailed their support line asking for any suggestions and no answer after two weeks. emailed them again and no answer after a month.

pathetic after sales service and suggests they are only interested in sales and not what happens after...

yeah ... heh, echoing what others have said.

It worked well for the first month. 

After that ... false alarms... including one at about 0300, alarm sitting on my living room table.  That was the last straw, battery and alarm module came out of the lock and never went back in.

Save your money and just buy the cheaper non-alarmed disc locks.

finally found out why i never got email email replies from xena the past few months.

they changed the email address for the support section over a year ago but never updated their website details. got in touch with the head office a month ago who said they would send out a new alarm module to put in the disc lock and see if it resolves the issue. 

still haven't received it so i doubt it ever got posted. if it ever shows up i'll advise whether it fixes the issue or not, for anyone else who hits similar false alarm issues. 

They're not even great as an unalarmed lock, I rolled my bike around with a xena on my rear disc and when it contacted the brake caliper it just cracked in half... Not worth anything IMO.

They're not even great as an unalarmed lock, I rolled my bike around with a xena on my rear disc and when it contacted the brake caliper it just cracked in half... Not worth anything IMO.

yeah, i'm reaching that conclusion myself. the replacement alarm modules they promised to send out never arrived, i've emailed them a reminder but no reply. their aftersales services has been absolute rubbish so i'm not surprised the product is shaping up the same way.

unbelievable. the promised parts never arrived and sent three emails since then. like many i'm very disappointed in the product but would have some respect for a manfuacturer who at least was concerned enough about their product to respond to emails going to a a supposed  " tech support service". 

:foul:

hehe, it looks as though cheaper disc locks are the way to go. i ditched the crappy xena one for a $25 disc lock alarm from aldi that has been brillaint. i was so fed up with xena's hopeless after sales support i thought i would make this handy little review for them.

• Like 1

i figure this would be your xena disc lock alarm then, xy500? 

trava_xena_xzz6l_4_web.jpg?w=750&h=550

• Like 1

i figure this would be your xena disc lock alarm then, xy500?

trava_xena_xzz6l_4_web.jpg?w=750&h=550

Yup exactly how myne looked